1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help with this damn A03 or A04 burning problem!!!!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by thebach, Oct 3, 2002.

1. thebach

thebach Guest

I have the problem of burning a DVD, and it will play on my computer and only on an Apex, but not be readable in any other standalone I can find, and this was with good media, more than one brand. This has happened with both my A04 and A03, with 4 different burning apps, and with different firmware. I know this is a burning problem, don't know if it has something to do with my IDE chain, whether or not the burner is slave or master, I just don't know, I just know its not software or media. If anyone has an idea lets hear it. I have an Asus motherboard running Win XP, Athlon XP 1800. Oh, and this doesn't happen to every disk I burn, but enough to tick me off real good! I have already tried switching from DMA to PIO mode, it didn't help! I would say I lose 1 disk in every 3 or 4.

2. pipster

pipster Guest

You've already ruled out quite a bit there , not media , software or drive and I dont think the slave or master thing matters either .
    You could try removing things from your computer , like sound card , any other ide devices apart from the a04 of course . Try to reduce the machine to a video card , ram , h/d and dvd just to rule out the other bits and maybe even swap ram if possible . At least you know if it cures it your problem lies in something you took out and it might only be a driver thing . You could also try a fresh install while its in this stripped down state , that might help .
    Also what about temperature , does it get hot , can you take sides off etc to get some air in . My hard drives get red hot while working on DVD's and now have to sit in the cd bays with a cooling fan on them . Is it possible the a04 is getting too hot and there is an issue with firmware at the moment thats something to do with overheating of the drive .
    I hope these sugestions are some use to you