1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help with xenium

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by MIchad, Dec 8, 2004.

1. MIchad

MIchad Guest

I just put the xenium ice in my v1.0 and it boots to the xenium os fine. I also had to change my hard drive(the original was bad). Do I have to format the new hd(wd 120GB) before I try to run Slayers? When I turn the Xbox on with slayers in the drive it only pulls up the Xenium os. So far I have tried 2 different kinds of media.
    Basically what I need to know is should a good copy of slayers automatically start in this case?

2. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Hi:)

You're ok if you get the Xenium OS. Did you TSOP the original Xbox kernal and FLASH your hacked bios? If not then you need to TSOP the original xbox bios. Once done boot with the kernal bios and then reset the date and time before FLASHing your hacked bios.

If yes, then when you boot your xbox you go to the launch screen and choose your hacked bios. Let it start up and then insert the Slayers memorex cd-rw and then it will give you the option to format a larger HD on the F partiton.

3. TSuave

TSuave Member

Id like to help you out more, cuz i have the EXACT same setup but it was all set up around 6 months ago. I'm pretty sure that the box will boot to the OS not matter whatis in the drive. i think you might be able to flash a bios from the launch menu then when you actually launch it it will start the evox install drive format dealie. try goin to add a launch item->flash-> then your rom drive and see if you can fidn a .bin file on there. if not sorry i couldnt help you more.

4. MIchad

MIchad Guest

I didn't realize you had to flash the bios before running slayers, I thought you could flash it with the slayers disc? I guess I will have to flash the bios first and then see what happens with the slayers disc I have.
    thanx

5. Squiggles

Squiggles Member

You need to set up your RETAIL KERNAL before you flash a hacked bios to the chip. Hit the A button on LAUNCH ITEM and then go down to ADD NEW ITEM and hit A. Now hit A on TSOP. It should bring up a keyboard to name the RETAIL KERNAL to what you want or just leave it as RETAIL KERNAL. Go to DONE and hit A and it will add the RETAIL KERNAL to the bios bank of your Xenium Chip. Now hit A on LAUNCH ITEM again and hit A on ADD NEW ITEM again. This time hit A on FLASH and goto were you have your hacked bios (i.e in C:/ or D:/ ) and hit A on it. It will give you the option of naming it again. Name it what you want and hit A on DONE. I forgot to mention above that it will now ask you what color you want the chip to light up when in this bios. Just pick a color again and hit A. It will now flash the bios to another bank on the chip. Now when in the Xenium OS put your Slayers disc in the drive and hit A when on LAUNCH ITEM. Pick the Hacked bios to launch (i.e X2 4983) and then hit A when you have the bios highlighted. This should boot into the bios and then bring up Slayers on the screen. You can then format new HDD with Slayers and install the apps you want. Just make sure you also install the original MS DASH on the HDD with Slayers also. You'll see it in the options.

6. MIchad

MIchad Guest

okay,
    I flashed the bios with the m8 I downloaded seperate from the slayers, I can get it to boot with the evox in the corner, but then I get the 16 error. However, I know it is reading the slayers disc in the d: drive but it will not launch. I downloaded it as an application(158MB), when I use explorer(windows) it doesn't show anything under the slayers....final.exe. Am I suppose to do something to this file first before I burn it as a image? It is not a .rar or an .iso, it just says application under the properties. I got it from slayers.marauderer....

7. Squiggles

Squiggles Member

Yes. You need to extract it first. It has it's own extraction built in. Just double click on the file you downloaded and it should bring up the install/extraction window. You will then need to input the password sevx2.6, which is from Slayers web site, to open it. Once it is done extracting all you need to burn is the .iso file. It should extract about 4 or 5 files(3 of them are pictures for a CD and case). Just burn the .iso file though and then it should work.