1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help with XVid to DVD converstion

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by hecklerz, Mar 13, 2005.

1. hecklerz

hecklerz Member

Hello all,

First post... After following the excellent XVid to DVD guide found at this site and doing several searches for similar posts on the forums, I still can't figure out how to fix the problem I'm having. Here is what I'm doing-

I have and XVid encoded AVI file, it's NTSC HDTV quality and uses MP3 encoded audio. I followed the guide to the "T" using AVI Codec and TMPGEnc Plus to do the conversion. What happens is that I get no audio with the end result (the orignal AVI plays with great audio). So I did a search on this forum and found that I need to extract the Mp3 audio first with VirtualDub. So I do this, but TMPGEnc won't accept an Mp2 audio file and I must extract the audio to a .WAV file. This works great, but VirtualDub tells me that because it's a VBR audio file, the sound may be +/- 1100ms off. And it is. When I do the conversion with TMPGEnc and encode for DVD using TMGEncDVD Author, the audio is way out of sync with the video. About 2 seconds.

Can anyone give some pointers on what I may be doing wrong, or possibly a better way to do this (let me know if more information is needed to get an idea what I'm using)? Any help is greatly appreciated and please excuse the length of this post

Last edited: Mar 13, 2005
  2. hursty

hursty Active member

i dont use it very often,but nero vision express does the job very easy indeed.
    it will do all the tasks in one go

3. hecklerz

hecklerz Member

I have that too. Thanks! I'll try it

4. hecklerz

hecklerz Member

Problem solved! I used the DiVX2DVD software from bbmayo's site. Worked flawlessly! Thank you!