1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help:WOMBLE to standalone problems

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Newt2005, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Newt2005

Newt2005 Guest

I've used DVD Shrink to decode a DVD successfully. I took one of the VOBs into WOMBLE MPEG-VCR 3.13 BUILD 12/2004 to remove three scenes. After the edits, everything plays fine in WOMBLE. When I put the edited MPG back into the VIDEO_TS folder as a VOB, it plays just fine in POWERDVD on my PC. After I burn the DVD-R, it plays fine on the PC with PowerDVD. When I put the DVD in my standalone player, it's fine right up through the first edit, then about 5-10 seconds later, everything freezes and you have to power down the DVD player.

Have I missed something obvious? I thought Womble could handle frame accurate editng, which is why I use it.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
    NewtNoobie

2. Arnold2

Arnold2 Regular member

This is kinda late but for those of us using Womble just wondered if you edit the one VOB wouldn't you have to put them all together in Womble ? like the one you edit is not the same as the other unedited? you have to go through the save file thing. Just learned you could put a VOB in Womble to edit... So that is how much I know about it. If you can edit the VOBs in Womble will save a lot of time and trouble after ripping trying to convert back to mpg or avi to edit in Womble. Need to read more only some instructions are so confusing.