1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Rooster69, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Rooster69

Rooster69 Member

I need help. I've tried to back-up my Tiger Woods 2003 and Gran Turismo 3, with no luck at all. I have tried Pine DVD-R, and Memorex DVD+R. My Burner is an LG 4040B. I Have tried using DVD Decrypter, Alcohol 120%, Roxio, and Blind Write. My PS2 is a GT3 version 4. Could it be my drivers? It has Roxio set up as the provider of most of my drivers. I am open to suggestions, and any help for that matter.

2. account

account Guest

3. Rooster69

Rooster69 Member

Thanks for the quick response, and you know what I'm really sorry I can help you out anymore, I had it installed as soon as I got the ps2, and the guy that did it just referred to it as a version 4. About the only thing i can tell you is that its soldered to the board. Sorry bout the lack of info and thats the kinds of responses i expected to get knowing very little about it. About all I can tell you is that ps1 backups work with out the gameshark, and my ps2 games that are on cdr you need to use the gameshark to load them up. thanks again

4. account

account Guest

how do you load games? the swap method? or what?

5. Rooster69

Rooster69 Member

I'm not sure if its the "swap method" or not, i have never had to look into any of this before, since i never had a problem. i load the game shark up, tell it to start game, without codes, then i switch or "swap" the disks when it asks.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2004
  6. martynste

martynste Regular member

You are using the swap method. i.e. swapping discs Sorry these are the terms they use. Also try looking at threads for fliptop covers.i.e a cover that goes on the ps2 to make it easier to put disc in and out. You might have to swap another disc or two before your game works. Backup ps2 dvd games boot differently to backup ps2 cdr games.

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about swapping disc to help you. The best thing to do is post another thread about how to boot a dvd-r backup using swap method. Before you do that check nobody else has asked this question, search the forum.

Hope this helps.

Mart