1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help !!!!!!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by liphook, Sep 11, 2004.

1. liphook

liphook Member

I have an 80 gig hard drive which i have partioned into - 20 gig for windows and applications, and the remaining 60gig i use for movie files.

The drive has been working fine up to late, but recently it said my drive space was fully used, i have completely emptied the 60gig partition but it is still registering as full.

i downloaded a program that examined drives and reports on folders contained within,,,, it only found the ones i knew were there which amount to 4gig, but my system still registers as a full drive.

any ideas please?

2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Select properties for your HD, click on tools, click on error checking, tick both boxes and start.....

See what that come up with

3. ianski7

ianski7 Guest

Hey! how did you clear your 60g partition? I would first try disk management........
    1 right click my computer
    2 manage
    3 disk management
    4 on thr right side of screen right click on partition
    and choose delete and then format

if this doesn't work fdisk is the next tool
    1 insert xp disk from cold start
    2 disk config will be shown
    3 delete partition 60g
    4 format......not quick
    if it still is acting up use third party delpart....can get from bootdisk.com......delete partition

if it still hangs around find spinrite6...they claim it will work on fat and ntfs.....this should solve problem...........good luck!

ianski7