1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help..........

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by jake180, Nov 8, 2004.

1. jake180

jake180 Member

Well here's my issue, (to make a short story long)

If i go to watch a movie or say a WMP visualization or anything like that full screen on my monitor I get these lines that go through it ...very annoying...! now i have talked to a few different people and the only thing that i have been told that makes any sense is that its probably because i don't have the proper drivers installed for my specific monitor ... (which i don't just the default windows xp monitor drivers are running... I think) I don't think when i bought my monitor that it came with a driver disk.

I don't know if there is any truth to this (doesn't make any sense to me) but i was also told it could be because my monitor is an LCD monitor...

my monitor is a 'Gateway FPD1530' that's all that i know about it.... but it would be really nice to be able to watch a dvd with this nice bright flat screen lcd monitor in FULL SCREEN...

furthermore ... people have also told me ...oh there are many sites where you can download free drivers for whatever.... but i have never been able to successfully find/downloaded/install the driver i need for this monitor...

Any help with this would be more than greatly appreciated... Please advise if there is a forum here that deals with this sort of topic :p

Thank-you very much,
    Jake

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Nov 8, 2004
  3. jake180

jake180 Member

ddp/anyone who can help,

First of all sorry it took me so long to get back to the site i have been busy but thank you for your quick response... i successfully followed your instructions on downloading the proper monitor driver that i needed for my gatewayFPD1530... but to my suprise it actually didn't fix the problem ... (I really thought it would) what's even stranger is it almost seemed to make the problem worst...but that could be my imagination since I was thinking it was going to fix the issue. Do you or anyone have any further ideas as to what could be causing this crackling line distortion that i only see when i make something big on the screen or expanded to full screen. It's been doing it the whole time i've had the monitor since it was purchased new... so it's not like it just started happening recently or anything... it's just that i had given up on it until i stumbled across this website and figured someone out there will know the cure :p

Anymore help would be greatly appreciated (as always)

Cheers!

4. jake180

jake180 Member

lol ...

I just saw the original thread i posted..

just delete this thread all together and i will try and find an answer in the forum you suggested 'other hardware'

thanks anyways.