1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by buleckp, Nov 15, 2004.

1. buleckp

buleckp Member

I have done some reading on this forum to learn how to copy dvd's using dvd shrink and dvd decrypter, as i didnt want to bother anybody for something that i could learn my self. I have read scubapetes guide "Uncle" ScubaPete's can't miss "We're going ta burn a DVD backup right now, youngin's'" Guide to backing up, but i have encountered a problem.

I did everything it said to do in dvd shrink, and it successfully backed up the dvd to my folder, and then it opened dvd decrypter ready for burning. I then put in a blank DVD-R (1-4x), and it said 'device not ready:logival unit is in process of becoming ready. It then said getting book type, and then dicn not empty...
    That i dont understand, because it did it with 3 blank dvds...

This is what was shown on the right side:

RICOH DVD+RW MP5240 1.08 (ATA)
    Current Profile: DVD-ROM

Disc Information:
    Erasable: No
    Sessions: 1
    Sectors: 2,298,497
    Size: 4,707,321,856 bytes
    Time: 510:48:47 (MM:SS:FF)

And in the decrtpter log:

I 12:26:27 DVD Decrypter Version 3.5.1.0 started!
    I 12:26:27 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)
    W 12:26:27 Drive C:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB
    W 12:26:27 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB
    I 12:26:27 Initialising SPTI...
    I 12:26:27 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
    I 12:26:28 Found 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW and 1 DVD+RW!

Can anyone see what I have done wrong???

I appreciate if anyone can send me in the right direction, and thanks in advance...:)

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Can you verify if this is a dual format burner or just a +R? If it's just a +R your using the wrong format.

Fat32 you can only burn files under 4GB's. And since your using DVD Decrypter your using an ISO that is over 4GB. Since you do have XP you can convert to NTFS.

3. flip218

4. buleckp

buleckp Member

Ye, I understood your post... I am now able to successfully burn dvd's. Thankyou very much for taking the time to reply my message. It turns out that the blank dvds my mother brought when she purchased her dvd rom was -R, but the dvd rom can only read +R... You would think the shop would know better. Thanks once again, shane

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hey shane,

Hey, we're glad you're burning up a storm :)
    Consider this an invitation, stop on back, don't be a stranger, you're welcome even if you don't have problems to solve -

You can just "Hang out" and read some, improve your knowledge, help others if you can spot their problem, 3 heads are better than 2 (said the Cyclops to the Ogre) Or you could hang out in the "Safety Valve," a forum for gossiping about anything and everything under the sun :)

Check de place out, you just might find a little something that'll interest you -

Me ? Hey, I'll be over there, out from under that broiling hot sun, under the "Potted" Palm, right next to the water cooler. Just chewin' the fat and waiting for the next Newbie who needs a bit "O" help - Stop by and say "Howdy" -

I'll be lQQking forward to Sea'n you,

Cheers my friend,

Pete :p)

Heh, heh - I came in on the tail end of your problem, glad you didn't have too much trouble with me guide, Keep right on keepin' on Mate, keep right on keepin' on -

6. bigwop

bigwop Regular member

Flip,
    A quick question. I have Fat32,xp service pack1 upgraded from ME. I have no trouble burning over 4gb in ISO. I thought this was a non issue in shrink and/or decrypter in their latest versions. I tried to convert to NTFS awhile back using Microsoft's directions and FUBARed the hard drive.

7. flip218

Well you must be doing something different, because you are now burning 1 file that is over 4GB.

Yes, I believe that is true. It is suppose to create 2 ISO Image files and you are suppose to be able to use the mds file created to burn them. But, you are trying to burn 1 ISO over 4GB as said in your error.

8. bigwop

bigwop Regular member

In decrypter under settings,registry, the mds file association is unchecked. The program is set for ISO write.I do get the exclamation point in the log that fat 32 does not support>4gb. My wife always said I was different!