1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'PS2' started by yaworsk, Dec 1, 2004.

1. yaworsk

yaworsk Member

ok, i am extremely new to all of this, so please bear with me. I have read plenty of posts but they all seem to be speaking a different language. I would like to know a number of things so any help would be greatly appriciated. 1 - can any harddrive work with a PS2 (i have a network adapter)? 2 - how can I put games onto that harddrive so I dont have to play with the game disc? 3 - do I need a mod chip to do this? 4 - how do i backup my ps2 games.

I have read a lot of different suggestions as to how to backup games however, when i always went to try I got all kinds of errors.

Please start from the beginning, be gentle, and do not leave out any detail you think may be important

THANK YOU!

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

1. pretty much, but some seagate and most western digital wont work.
    2. you have to buy hd loader or hd advance if you don't have a mod
    3. no mod needed it you buy one of the programs
    4. you need a mod for that though

Last edited: Dec 1, 2004
  3. yaworsk

yaworsk Member

ok, seeing as i will have to put some money into this (for a big hd and program) i would like to make sure I got this right. I buy a seagate harddrive, it hooks into the network adapter. i then put in the hd loader cd and it takes over from there? when i insert a game disc, will it ask me to copy it to the harddrive so that i will never have to put that disc in my ps2 again? i also forgot to ask, what happens if i wanna play over the internet without the disc?

thanks

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

yes, but don't get a seagate, get a maxtor (they are most compatible). Also, you can't play online at the moment off the hd.