1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dho74, Jan 2, 2005.

1. dho74

dho74 Member

Ok...I can burn any movies (so far). I have burned discs 1-4 of Band Of Brothers. Disc 5 and 6 though, when it gets to about 50% decrypted, it basically stops. When it does go, it takes forever!! I haven't been able to make it past 57% on either one. Same thing happened on Julius Caesar. Why? What do I need to do with these particular discs? Like I said...I've copied many others of my DVD's with no problem. I use DVD decrypter to copy to my hard drive. Then I use DVD Shrink to encode it which automatically uses DVD Decrypter to burn. Information anyone?

2. bardie

bardie Regular member

Why have you asked the same thing on the same forum?

3. dho74

dho74 Member

just in case someone is able to help. i've also posted on other forums.

4. bardie

bardie Regular member

Sorry I can not help any further, but be careful about multi-posting, not allowed on these forums, just a friendly word of advice.
    Good luck.

5. dho74

dho74 Member

thank you.

6. c.darwin

c.darwin Guest

Yeap i understand u perfectly. The thing is that when you use the decrypter, files are being copied to your hardrive. These files NEED to be in a perfect state, with no errors. A program such as the encrupter wont read a damages file, and the percentae will stay the same and many windows will open asking if you want to omit, oe retry. So in general, u can ONLY copy some dvds which fortunately are not damage. But just before throwing the towell, try to open the DVD SHRINK program, and click at OPEN FILE and open the files directly form the DVD. In other words, search for your reading drive which isholdin the dvd and steal the files from there.
    If i find another way of solving this type of problem i will definetely share it! GOOD LUCK!

7. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

Are you getting read errors!

8. dho74

dho74 Member

no i'm not....the only thing that is happening is through dvd decrypter...i'm trying to upload the disc to the file...it works fine until it gets to about 50%...then it stops doing just about everything. It keeps saying...retry, and it tells me how many times it retries...it's like it can't read it or something. I have checked the disc, cleaned the disc...still nothing. I have gotten it to get to 57%, but it takes so long, I just cancel it.

9. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

if dvd decrypter stops reading, watch the screen for number of retries that dvd decrypter generates. If the numbers go up, it means dvd decrypter cannot read that part of the dvd for some reasons (either the disc is damaged, or the disc has some new encryption scheme that dvd decrypter cannot decrypt). In that case you might wanna wait till dvd decrypter to give you an error msg so that u can confirm there is something weird happen to the dvd.
    After that, u can either try using different program to decrypt the dvd (Super DVD Copy is a great choice) or u can give up on ripping that movie.

10. dho74

dho74 Member

thanks cuteperv. right now i'm trying dvd shrink. i use this one as well as dvd decrypter. just when i use this one by itself it seems to take longer, and i also have to have dvd43 on to make it "not encrypted". so far it's working on this disc, but like i said...it takes longer, so i won't know if it works for awhile. thanks though!

11. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

good night dude ! i'm going to sleep now, didn't know still ur awake as i am.

12. dho74

dho74 Member

lol...yeah i'm still awake! g'night cute!