1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Irishotto, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Irishotto

Irishotto Member

I'm burning Xbox 360 image's to Dual Layer DVD+R Mirror Discs. I'm using Clone CD to burn the Image.

I have a Pioneer DVR-111D DVD+/-R/RW Writer that is hooked to my laptop via USB 2.0. My laptop specs are AMD turion 1.8GHZ 256MB RAM. I keep burning coasters 50% of the time. After it switches layers or sometimes even before on Clone CD the write speed drops to like 1.3 and I get the write failure error.

My friend says it's cos the USB cant handle the transfer. The same happens even more when I use Nero. Any Ideas? I'd love to be able to make this work, I don't have a PC, just my laptop. And the Dual layer burner on that wont even get passed the Lean In. I'd spend money if I knew I could get my setup working. But not too much of course. More memory do I need? Theres only a USB link in the Pioneer...I dont think I can get a better transfer can I? Thanks in advance.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

well there could be a lot of problems.
    1. really low processor
    2. really low RAM
    3. USB burner rather than an internal

It would cost you as much to upgrade that laptop as it would to just buy a cheap Dell computer with better specs.
    you can get one at Wal-Mart with better specs for about $500
    then spend $40 on a good burner.

3. Irishotto

Irishotto Member

Yea I kinda guess the USB and low RAM is the issue. Oh well. I'll just have to keep mailing discs to my pal. Thanks for the post. I just burned my last coaster. Failed at 100% in the lead out...sucks...No more trying this on my set up for damn sure