1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE Help

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by jacelo3, May 23, 2007.

1. jacelo3

jacelo3 Member

I've looked everywhere and I don't know what the real 'terms' are, but here's the deal.

I have a home theatre systems (speaks, amp, dvd player, etc.), you know, just strictly plays the DVD and plays the DVD sound through the system.

Well what I want to know is how I can have sound from my TV (cable/satellite) play through my 'surround sound'. The problem is, I have some input plug-ins on my system for the TV, but my TV DOESN'T have any output slots on it at all.

Is there something I can do, or do I have to go buy a TV with output on it?

I apologize if there's threads out there like this right now, but I'm desperate. I've gone to the retail stores and those 'kids' don't know what I should do.

PLEASE HELP :(!!!

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

If you want to listen to TV sound through your system, you have to have an output socket on the TV, unless the cable and/or satellite boxes have audio output sockets.

3. jacelo3

jacelo3 Member

Lesson learned...read the manual ;). It told me how to do it right there...wow. I'm an idiot heh.