1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by crazy4u2, Jun 17, 2007.

1. crazy4u2

crazy4u2 Member

can some 1 tell me exactly what i am looking for when i am asked to find the main source in the sw .i am trying to download software for my starview box,thanks.

2. eamo32

eamo32 Regular member

Hi crazy.
    If it's the firmware you are trying upgrade, the first thing you need is a null modem cable, should've come in the box.

Go to this link for software;
    http://www.drewish1.co.uk/

Depending whether you have a clone or genuine box, click on the relevant link.

Also click on the Tools Page link, and in there you will find the GT Rom Loader Version 4.00. You need to run this, load the firmware file you downloaded in the previous step. Then click on Download to update the firmware.

3. crazy4u2

crazy4u2 Member

i ought a cable yesterday and its an rs-232 serial cable,are you saying i need a different 1 now

4. eamo32

eamo32 Regular member

Quite possibly. There are RS-232 serial cables, and RS-232 null modem cables as far as I know, but I could be wrong. If it's still in the packing, you could always bring it back, and change it. If it was loose when you bought, give it a go.

5. crazy4u2

crazy4u2 Member

now i have just dpwnloaded the 2.59 version,can u tell me what i do next

6. eamo32

eamo32 Regular member

You may need to try different firmware versions, depending where you live, I found 2.57 to be best in the Dublin area, but try the 2.59, and see how you get on. First of all, unzip the 2.59 file.
    Make sure your starview is in standby, turn it off using the remote, not the button on the back.
    Connect your pc/laptop to the starview, run thr GT4.00 loader software.
    Click on the BIN File button, which will open up file selection box, navigate to where you downloaded the firmware, select the file and click Open.

Then click the Download button. Wait until it says COMPLETED, and wait another 30 seconds after that, to be sure.

You'll need to enter the keys manually, get them at this link;
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/517485, scroll down the page.
    If you go to the link I sent earlier, there is a guide for setting up the box.

7. crazy4u2

crazy4u2 Member

how do i unzip the file

8. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

win rar