1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by yesser, Nov 18, 2007.

1. yesser

yesser Guest

ok i thought i got my samsung ms25 flashed but know it wont read any games ..only dvds...is it not doable anymore? can i just buy a new drive off ebay and that would work if i have to?

2. wabashman

wabashman Active member

sounds to me like it was just a bad flash. just reflash it and it should work. if it doesnt play backups or original games, then its definitely a bad flash.

3. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

It sounds to me like you maybe didnt flash your key into the new firmware.
    If you did this you are screwed unless you have the original firmware that came off the drive.
    Use firmware toolbox, open up the firmware you recently flashed to the drive and check to make sure you injected the key. If you didnt you will need to open the original firmware, copy the key and paste it into the new firmware and flash it back onto the drive.

4. yesser

yesser Guest

how do i find the key? is that the serial number im a little lost sorry

5. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

It is not the serial number.
    Most but not all of the components that make an xbox 360 work are "married".
    In this case the dvd drive is married to that motherboard and thus you cannot just put a different dvd drive in it without proper preperation.
    The firmware that you read off of your drive has a key imbedded in the firmware. If you used iprep or xtreme boot maker to read the firmware samtool should've copied you key and injected it into the new firmware.
    But incase it didnt you need to find your "original firmware" the firmware that you read off of the drive before you flashed it. Open that firmware in a program called firmware toolbox. In that program it will display your dvd drive key. You will then need to copy that key over to your xtreme or ixtreme firmware.