1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please!! I DESPERATLY need some clear advice!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by fredsdead, Dec 14, 2004.

1. fredsdead

fredsdead Member

I really need someone with experience to give me a much needed hand. Now I imagine the solution is simple, but I need someone to confirm some things for me. Will be eternally grateful!

Ok, I've just moved to Japan, which is NTSC, and I have bought a Japanese PS2 here. In New Zealand, which is PAL, I have a bunch of games that I'd like to play on my Japanese PS2. The TV I'll most likely be using is NOT going to be multi-system. So, if I was to buy something like the Flip Top Cover & Swap Magic 3.3 disc set (www.consolesource.com) - would this be ok? Are there any issues with a PAL region game disc being played in an NTSC machine, on an NTSC TV? Or would I need to copy the games, and run the game images through a PAL>NTSC software convertor? Also, would it therefore be possible to use backed up versions of my PAL "import" games without any issue on this flip-top set up?
    Huge thanks to anyone who can help!

2. fredsdead

fredsdead Member

by the way - some of the games I'd be copying are new - GTA: San Andreas is one of them - would this still be ok?

3. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

i beleive the new swapmagic 3.3 discs have built a in pal/ntsc selector so you should be able to play your pal games on your ntsc system and tv fine

4. Mark13760

Mark13760 Member

Devilhunt is correct, I have the 3.3 ver, and it gives that option.

5. fredsdead

fredsdead Member

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Great help! Since you already have swap magic - could you tell me a few quick points about it - is it easy to use? and reliable? what mod do you use with it (flip-top/swip card etc.)? Any other information you think is important I really appreciate -

6. lucifer69

lucifer69 Regular member

use flit top is easier

7. fredsdead

fredsdead Member

so that would be a complete solution for an out of the box PS2 - Flip top and Swap disc magic 3.3?

8. Mark13760

Mark13760 Member

I have both a premodded slimline PS2 with Matrix infinity and a v7 with fliptop and swapmagic 3.3.
    Swapmagic 3.3 is much better then the previous version, and it seems to have the CDLoader program on it(plays games that require cdloader). Nothing much more to say about it except it's very easy to use even for a n00b like me.
    Out of the 2 I like the premodded PS2 with Matrix ifinity better, everything loads so much faster, never had any games skip, and it has played every game I have put in it.