1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"please insert a ps2 format disc"

Discussion in 'PS2' started by the1one, Aug 11, 2004.

1. the1one

the1one Member

I just started trying to copy my originals in the last week. I actually have done very well with all my PS2 games except for 1. I get "please insert a PS2 format disc" when I try to boot True Crimes: Streets of L.A. This is the only game that I am having problems with. I am using Swap Magic / Slide Card Combo. If someone could be so nice as to treat me as I am a 2 year old it would be GREATLY appreciated. System XP, NEC DVD writer, Nero 6.6, Verbatim DVD-Rs', and burn speed at 8x.

2. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

You are burning too fast....try 1X

3. convolute

convolute Regular member

True Crime requires a CDLoader, that is why you are having trouble. go to www.swapmagicfix.com for a list of the games that require a CDLoader to run the game properly. Also, I too would suggest burning at a slower rate just to be sure it burns with less error.

4. the1one

the1one Member

After reading about the Swap Magic 3.0 CD version it states that it is NOT compatible with v9 systems. If I am reading what they say correctly. If I purchase an actual "mod-chip", would that correct my issues??? What are my best options. I did try burning at 1x and I have the same respose.

5. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

I have had my Magic V v9 for about 8 months now, and have owned 2 other Magics as well, and install them for friends ocasionally too.

I have never, ever had even a single problem with it or any game I have booted with it.

I also have a HDD now, and the Magic works like a charm.

A solid Modchip with a solid install and you'll forget its even there.

PS. Buy a freaken magic and/or HDD and quit messing with a slide card.