1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please please help me no sound with tmpgenc

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by gunit2004, Jan 31, 2004.

1. gunit2004

gunit2004 Guest

hi i have converted a film but there is no sound ive told to strip the sound out off the avi with virtual dub so it is in wav and then put it in as a differnt file in tmpgenc is this corect ifso what setting do i use for audio etc cbr mpeg 1 layer thanks a lot any help or advice would be grate thanks for your time

2. sheppy124

sheppy124 Regular member

In virtual dub, when you stripped the wav out did you set the audio at 48 (mpeg2/dvd) 44 (mpeg1), I am pursuming your doing a vcd, at the start of tmc select vcd then hit cancel this will bring up the encoding window, find/select your audio file in the approiate field and do the same with the video, in the system type box, select the system option, this should give you an mpg with sound and audio. Then hit encode. If doing a dvd complaint file you will need to select dvd template and the beginning.

3. gunit2004

gunit2004 Guest

is that tmc program differnt to tmpgenc or are u on a bout tmpgenc dvd author do u no any sites that have guides or other programs i could try thanks a lot

4. gunit2004

gunit2004 Guest

oh and im trying to convert avi to dvd thanks

5. gunit2004

gunit2004 Guest

is it possible to use dvd clone to convert avi to mpg
    ps
    does it mater if the file is divx thanks

6. sheppy124

sheppy124 Regular member

yep i am on about tmpgenc not the dvd author, You have entered the world of divx files, can be really tricky to convert back to mpg a file, alot of the files are done in different codecs and are known for bad audio and video. There are a few divx to dvd converters out there. I have one that i bought called divx2dvd by x-oom in the uk which will convert the avi file to dvd format vobs, that i have had good results with. Alot of people reccomend running you divx files through divfix to repair any bad files you can do a search for that on the net. You have done started in the right lines virtual dub/tmpgenc/tmgenc dvd author to change it to dvd, if you are doing dvd you want to make a mpg2 complaint file, not mpg1 (vcd). You will need to split the wav to 48000hz in virtual dub, then re-encode in tmpgenc