1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE, PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by mrsjones, Apr 6, 2005.

1. mrsjones

mrsjones Member

please forgive me but i am SOOOO new at this making dvd's and i have been at it for a week!!!! now i have followed the guide and when i get to the part where i need to convert my avi to dvd in TMPGE it gives an erroe message saying file not supported???? i don't know where to go from here!!! PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!

2. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Last edited: Apr 6, 2005
  3. mrsjones

mrsjones Member

PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!! i just stumbled on this site like 10 min ago and all i was doing was looking for some help and i am not famil with the site rules....

4. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

5. andmerr

andmerr Guest

download avicodec from the link below:

http://avicodec.duby.info/

run your avi file through it and post the results for all to see, then we may able to give you more help.

6. mrsjones

mrsjones Member

ok so i downloaded avicodec and when i went to push select and than choose a file it gives a erroe message of "OPENING ERROR, CANNOT PLAY BACK THE FILE. THE FORMAT IS NOT SUPPORTED FOR C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ADMINISTRATION\MY DOCUMENTS\MY MOVIES\[TMD] THE.RING.TWO(SIN).TS(1OF2).AVI"......i am sooo confussed...please help

7. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

8. bjj

bjj Member

hi dude if your a beginner then this is the easiest way to back up first you need to download dvd decrypter dvd shrink and burning software i use nero and vso copy dvd another good one if you download movies in div x or x vid format is vso div x-dvd first rip the movie with decrypter there is a guide at doom9.org if u need 1 then if it is bigger than 4.7gb then it needs to be shrunk use dvd shrink for that then use dvd copy to burn them make sure u drag and drop all of the files produced by dvd shrink into the video ts folder thats it in a nut shell a very small nut shell if u need some 1-1help e-mail me on [REMOVED] give me a day or 2 to respond hope i helped .

Last edited: Apr 7, 2005
  9. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

@ bjj

Let's have a look at the forum rules - posting email addies isn't permitted ;)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2005
  10. andmerr

andmerr Guest

@ bjj:

i think you will find that vso divx to dvd with handle all forms of avi not just xvid or divx but also the general avi's as well