1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE*PLEASE* HELP* PS2* PROBLEMS*******

Discussion in 'PS2' started by zerrot, Feb 5, 2007.

1. zerrot

zerrot Guest

Someone PLEASE help me. My ps2 the old school one, not the thin one. Is displaying Disc read era on the screen. I can't afford to send it in. Can anyone please help me fix it so my son can play again. I AM HANDY WITH A SCREWDRIVER. PLEASE

2. NHS2008

NHS2008 Regular member

All you have to do is change the laser. You will have to buy it though. But it real hard to change the laser in the old PS2.

OR

YOU MAY TRY FOLLOWING TUTORIAL (Courtesy: Exploitstation)

Exploitstation Guide

I hope this helps and if it does then sorry for being so late.

!!stiemy I FOUND IT ON YOUR SITE AND POSTED IT THANK YOU!!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  3. steimy

steimy Active member

yeah, that is the exact guide i was ready to post after reading the problem. Try cleaning the laser. If that doesn't work try adjusting the laser but be very careful and read the instructions!
    If those both fail (adjusting the laser you may have to try 10-12 different notches to know for sure) then a replacement laser is your best bet.

4. zooom1834

zooom1834 Regular member

Try this put the game in and place it on its side standing up or keep it upside down try that with silver and blue bottomed disks (dvd,cd)

Or take a cotton swab and dip it into rubbing alcohol with isopropyl make sure its not that damp though, then place on the eye of your lens and spin it to the right for 30 seconds then flip it over and dry it to the right for thirty seconds.

Then adjust the pot of your laser