1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please, please help with getting ISOs games started on my PSP

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by groves26, Jun 20, 2007.

1. groves26

groves26 Member

Please forgive this rant but getting ISO games to work on my psp is driving me insane!!.

A brief history

I have down recently downgraded my psp to 1.5 and have also got devhook 0.46. I have also got a game from a torrent site (no hassel about piracy please). The game I have downloaded is Vandal Hearts on the ps1 as it was one of my favourates

This file downloaded into 3, so using winrar I have combined them to make 1 file and it ends in .ISO (the file does'nt have an image/picture on it)

I have moved this file into a ISO folder on the root of my memory stick.

Now,when i load up dev hook and selct vandal hearts my psp turns black and I have to disconnect the battery to restart the psp as even pressing the power button does nothing.

Can anyone please help as I have read quite a few forums about this, downloaded quite a few files to see if they help, i.e umdemulator etc. I also have eboot files and the works.....

Please please help

Thanks

2. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

if you are on fw 1.50-why not just upgrade to a custom fw like say 3.40OE-A?? No need for devhook, just drop iso's into the ISO folder and play from the menu...you get your other features back like internet browser, etc......customizable XMB menu...homebrew friendly....might want to look into it ;)

do a search for 3.40OE-A easy winstaller-
    it takes like 2 minutes to upgrade, and is well worth it!

edit* as long as you dont give direct links to files-no need to worry about piracy hassles- you are amongst friends here...

Last edited: Jun 20, 2007
  3. groves26

groves26 Member

Thanks for that. To download custom firmware do i delete everything from my psp mem stick 1st.

Can you help give me a quick guide on what to do to upgrade it to custom firmware

Do I hook my psp to my pc and then click download? or do I have to move download the custom firmware and then move files around

(I'm new to this!!)

Thanks

4. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

yes, you should format your memory stick first and foremost..then find the 3.40OE-A winstaller here... run that on your computer-follow the easy to read instructions-what it does is places the installer on your PSP, and you run it from the game menu its very easy, and like I said before its takes about 2 minutes to go from 1.5-3.40OE

After you upgrade, make sure to format your memory stick again because it creates the correct folders for you..

on the first page of this forum-there is a sticky for the custom firmware, and how-to's for about everything you need-

good luck!

5. groves26

groves26 Member

Thanks very much mate. I'll give it a try!

6. MFTA

MFTA Member

PLEASE HELP ME
    I've inserted a iso game in the iso folder. it doesn not work. try to put a umd demo disc that i've got while purchasing the psp. This also does not work.
    i went in the configuration. Switch to kernel 1.50 and also use no umd enable. But still does not work.

Hey Friends, please show me what to doe to play the iso games.

What if i convert the iso to cso. will it work???

PS. I HAD A PSP 2.71 TA82.THEN I DOWNGRADE TO 1.50 THEN UPDATE TO 3.03 OE-C.

7. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

you should have the "no UMD" disabled-try to format your memory stick and then put the iso in the ISO folder-as far as converting your iso to cso, a cso is only an iso that has been compressed to make the file size smaller so it takes up less space on your memstick.

8. MFTA

MFTA Member

do u think i must convert the Iso game which is a psp game in eboot file. if yes, how to do it.
    and if u convert iso game into cso, does it going to slow the game
    i will try to format the memory stick

9. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

use UMDgen to create an iso file from your eboot-
    and yes, converting your iso to cso will make the game load slower, because its compressed.