1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please please please help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ste_hgt, Nov 29, 2004.

1. ste_hgt

ste_hgt Member

Hi Everyone, I have a ps2 which i have paid to have chipped. I have tried everything to backup my games and play them. Ive even took my ps2 back to the person who chipped it and he said it works fine (using his games). I started off by using dvd decrytor and a NEC 2500a DVD writer with any old media. I then got told to use only Ri-tek dye. SO i went out bought some Orange DVD-r Ri-tek dvd media. Still no luck. I then got told buy some datawrite (yellows) dvd-r. So ive bin out bought some of those, still red screen when attempting to boot. I then thought right im guna go out n buy a new pioneer 108 dvd writer. SO NO Luck!. Ive tried achcol 120% and it makes no difference stilling coming up with the red screen.. Please someone help me. I dont know wot chip hes put in but he said i must press the reset button twice to make games play if this helps any1? Thanks.

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

What version do you have? Are you using swap magic disks w/ fliptop or slidecard?

3. ste_hgt

ste_hgt Member

Hi, Im not using a swipe disc or card, Ive had a mod chip put in but i dont know which one. Sorry this doesnt help you much.

4. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

hmm, well if you know someone else who has a modchip or uses SM you could try your backups in their system. Then at least you might be able to determine if its the disks or the chip ya got installed. Only problem with that would be different ps2 versions, since some ps2's like -r and some like +r and some like this media while others that media..etc.

5. ste_hgt

ste_hgt Member

After months of trying ive done it! MY GOD. its been stressin me out.. I have to boot it up with the tray open. once it gets into the system browse i close the tray and it boots the game.. AT LEAST.. thanks anyway ppl