1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE HELP IM CLOSE TO GIVING UP.MEED HELP WITH IFOEDIT...IM A ROOKIE

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by matty123, Sep 2, 2004.

1. matty123

matty123 Member

Hi ive downloaded a film and want to copy it to a dvd. I have converted the avi file to dvd and am now trying to use the option 'author for new dvd' so i can burn with nero. I have filled in the boxes 'Video' and 'Audio' and am aware i have to fill in the box at the bottom 'Destination' nomatter what file i put into the bottom box the error message 'found no valid elementary stream file to multiplex' when i hit ok. Please help with ifoedit or reccomend another program i could use for the same thing. And please put it in dumb terms, im a beginner.

2. rack04

rack04 Member

If I were you I would just give up because the quality after converting a "downloaded film" is not going to be very good. Plus, what you are tyring to do doesn't sound legal.

3. matty123

matty123 Member

Thanks anyway... i now realise it aint allowed on the forum

4. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Actually your question is allowed under the recent rules clarifications. And I wouldn't say you should give up either without seeing the quality of the file for myself. How did you convert the file and is it an M2V or MPV video file?

Also is it an NTSC movie? If so, you probably need to add pulldown flags. You can do this with a couple of different programs - Pulldown or DoPulldown. DVD-Lab will also do it for you automatically when you import the video file.

5. matty123

matty123 Member

Hey the video is M2V and its not a ntsc.
    Thanx

6. matty123

matty123 Member

Oh and i used a program called BOILSOFT AVI TO VCD SVCD DVD

7. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I'd open the file with VirtualDubMod to check the resolution. You can find that out by going to the File menu and selecting File Information.