1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please post fake movie you have downloaded here

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by bvc, Jan 5, 2003.

1. bvc

bvc Guest

Please post here fake movies you have downloaded from P2P programs with the name of the files you have downloaded, file size, movie size (if possible), and what program you downloaded it from.

Mine are:
    The Catch ME If You Can files are
    Catch Me If You Can- part1, 193MB, 1:02:28, KaZaA
    Catch Me If You Can- part2, 81.4MB, KaZaA

The Two Weeks Notice Files are:
    [tmd]two.weeks.notice.(ftf).cam.(2of2), 144MB, KaZaA
    [tmd]two.weeks.notice.(ftf).cam.(1of2), about 160, KaZaA

2. tyboy

tyboy Member

[tmd]austin powers 3.(videocd).ts.(1of2) - 40 min. 108 MB - Kazaa
    -- file is actually the first forty minutes of Scooby Doo

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Why dont you just learn how to preview the movies and save the bother. Also almost every new movie you find on kazaa is fake. Look around the forum there is lottsa useful info!

4. huw

huw Member

Firstly - If you are expecting reasonable movies, then you shouldn't be looking at 300mb combined size. An ok avi movie is 650mb+.

Secondly, I use WinMX & used to be able to preview movies if they wern't downloading, but since I have installed the Nimo pack - this is no longer possible. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

5. Dela

Ye you installed the nimo codec pack. Thats your problem. I hate codec packs they are nothing but trouble!

6. mira

mira Member

I have Kazaa Lite.They have small softvare for AVI preview.It's perfect.No more fake files.

7. Dela

Actually kazaa lite is the same as kazaa without spyware, adware and stealware, its just some ppl can preview easy and some can't!

8. Rodgers

Rodgers Guest

Darkness Falls CD1 183.mb Kazaa
    Darkness Falls CD2 85.4mb Kazaa

At one time I was able to preview these downloads, beforehand, however I think NIMO has screwed that up. Can I safely remove NIMO codec pakage without effecting other things that are needed?

Best to All!
    Rodgers

9. gavin_55

gavin_55 Member

to veiw incomplate movie files you need a small program called divfix.
    open this and rebuild index on the incomplate file and it will play how ever much u have done. its very simeple.
    enjoy.

has anybody else noticed that all of these fake movies are coming from kazaa.
    i suggest you go somewhere else.
    if you are any good with puters then i recommend mIRC. if not winmx is easy and very good, well it used to be.

10. Dela

On kazaa, look at the filename of what you are downloading, copy the .dat file and rename it to that exact file and if its real it should play in Windows Media Player.

mIRC is a good place to download movies yes but for people with no IRC experience at all it can be hell, i would recommend eMule as a good option if you dont want to use IRC!

11. gavin_55

gavin_55 Member

i only use kazaa for music. i feel there are far too many leeches on there with too many fakes. its not worth the hassle. just go somewhere else.
    emule is good too

12. Dela

Kazaa sucks for all except music, its pretty good for mp3 and fast if you get the k++ crack! But its unreliable. eMule & direct connect are the best for movies, mIRC is the best place to get movies though (probably because all movies are released there, lol)