1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE READ!Debate on diffrent blank media 2 use

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by CiroZ, Jan 26, 2007.

1. CiroZ

CiroZ Member

I was reading these threads on whats the best blank meda to use dvd or cd for backing up games..my question is does anyone know what band sony playstation games are made on i would think sony dvd or cd blank media i know diffrent company make diffrent games but it has to make it's way past sony before it gets the playstaion ok.so wouldnt they be pressed on sony blank media?...just a thought nothings writing in stone...

2. orthogonl

orthogonl Regular member

Taiyo Yuden DVD-Rs are considered to be some of the best among enthusiasts due to their high quality burns, low failure rates, and media longevity. They are also used by drive manufacturers and Sony PlayStation developers. Verbatim, Phillips, and Sony AccuCores (made in Japan) are also very good. You can purchase media from an online retailer such as http://www.supermediastore.com.

3. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

I'll add that yes, sony discs are used for playstation games, but keep in mind that pressable cd's and dvd's are different from the writeable dvd's you get in stores.

4. NooobFTW

NooobFTW Guest

Guys what you think about SONY DVD-R? i bought some yesterday and they work perfect...even on "tough" games(like gt4/bully/ffx etc..)