1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please read & help me!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by caudie78, Mar 3, 2005.

1. caudie78

caudie78 Member

Everyone on here seems to be familiar with iso buster, so I have a few simple questions...

When I open the iso in isobuster, which do I extract from, UDF or ISO? The same files appear under ISO & UDF, but I can only extract from one of them. This may be a stupid question, but I'm completely stumped. I've wasted 5 dvds on NBA Street, and am starting to get pissed. I've tried a few methods to rebuild, but it seems that most require the isobuster, so please help me.

Also, I'm under the impression that isobuster is what makes the image small enough that it will fit on a dvd, but everytime I make an iso, its size appears to be around 380 megs. Is that right?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

I am not 100% sure but i think you can use either. I think DVD Decrypter can burn either file type. ISO Buster is what you use when you want to extract the files from and ISO to replace or remove dummy or garbage files so that when you use DVDGen to put it back together and make a new ISO it will work. That is the only thing i have used it for, and i rarely use it at all. You could also search the posts here for that game title where someone is sure to have a link to the patch for that game which would save you the trouble of manually rebuilding the ISO.