1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please recheck my steps before I go buy a PSP

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by trunksu, Feb 8, 2007.

1. trunksu

trunksu Member

I am planning to buy a PSP soon. I've been lurking around this forum for the past few days now reading through coutless thread. I've narrow it down and here is what I have. Please look at it thoroughly b/c I do not want to brick it.

When I go to buy my PSP more than likely I will get a PSP v 2.70 or 2.71. I would then need to downgrade that to 1.5 then upgrade to 3.02 OE-A and then finally to 3.02 OE-B.

[ STEPS TO DOWNGRADE TO 1.5 (using touran22's tut)]

1. download the easy installer:
    http://ul59.rapidshare.com/files/9174187..._csfreakno1.zip

2. extract archive.

You will get these files....

2.71_TA-082_-_1.50.exe
    README_DE
    README_ENG_ORIGINAL_DARK_ALEX
    TA-082_Downgrader.pngfile.

3. format Memory Stick and restore the psp to defualt settings.

4.run the installer and it will install everything on to your MS including HEND.

5. once its finshed, navigate to the PHOTO section in the XMB and load HEND --->
    NOT it may not load the first time so restart and try again. Make sure you have no UMD inserted when doing this!

6. Once its loaded (the psp will restart automaticly --> this means it loaded HEND) go to GAME in the XMB and load/start idstoragechange.

(this program just changes some keys ^^)

7. Once this program is done and loads your XMB again, go back to the GAME menu an dyou will see your Generic downgrader called "Update X.YX"
    Load/start this.

8.This will now insatll the 1.5 FW onto your psp. when its doen it sould ask you to press "x" were it will restart the psp an dyou will get a BSOD.
    Simple press "o"
    Enter your information and voila, 1.5 FW!

Specs^^

ATLEAST 75% battery (90+ to be safe)
    formatted MS
    2.71 TA-082 psp

I would then upgrade to 3.02 OE-A

LINK TO TUTORIAL

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psp&thread.id=2717632

[ STEPS FOR UPGRADING TO 3.02 OE-A (using Jak_Master's tut) ]

[​IMG]

and then finally updating 3.02 OE-A to 3.02 OE-B

[ STEPS FOR UPDATING 3.02 OE-A to 3.02 OE-B ]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  2. mrskitch

mrskitch Member

#1 FIRST THING YOU MUST DO!!! Upon purchase is to check in the umd drive, on the inside in the upper right corner there may/may not be text on the mobo. You need to see what text it is in order to determine if its a TA-082 (which is the walkthrough version you have pasted).

If you find its NOT a TA-082 then you need to do different things entirely. I'm not sure what exactly what the process is of 2.71->1.5 is on other mobo's.

Also, you should upgrade to 3.10 OE instead of 3.02oe-b. Its alot better as far as playing psx rips and such.

Finally, check out this FAQ as it might answer your questions a little better. Includes pics to find your mother board model:

http://www.psphacking101.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5671&sid=07ccdae0a2f8360f179ca6329774c823

3. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

Actually 3.10 is not better, there is alot of bugs. There was one bug fix that addressed games like Metal Slug. Anyhow 3.03 OE-C will be your best bet(plus u customize it WAY MORE, my sig is a screenshot of my XMB). More then likely your new psp will be 2.81, ta-082 for SURE, unless you buy used. Ull have to upgrade to 3.03 still but unlike the last guy posted, you DONT have to do things entirely. Anyhow the 3.03 downgrader is for both ta-082+ Mobo and anything lower. You pretty much got it down bro.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  4. mrskitch

mrskitch Member

Also (I'm not sure if this is still needed), but if you decide to upgrade or just happen to buy a 3.03 psp you will have to also aquire a UNPATCHED version of GTA: Liberty City Stories. They may have something different now buts what I think it is.

5. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

+1
    Very good point.
    GTA so far is the only route so far when downgrading from 3.03.