1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please recommend brand of DVD-R blank disks....

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by jailin, Mar 25, 2005.

1. jailin

jailin Member

I purchased TDK and Memorex DVD-R disks to burn DVD Movies. Some of the movies either skip or freeze on me. Which brand of DVD-R disks are recommended. I am using Nero 6 for my burning software. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Taiyo Yuden

3. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

If yor're burning at greater that 4X, that may be producing the result of skipping on play back. I've burned a couple hundred TDKs at 4X with no problems.
    Memorex I won't use although venomx05 likes them real well.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2005
  4. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

Agree with TDK 4X DVD-R. Bought a ton from Costco when they were buy #25, get another spindel free. Not one coaster! Better success than with Ritek G04 used previous.

5. dvdauthor

dvdauthor Guest

as already posted - and will be posted a hundred times more - TAIYO YUDEN :).

6. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

To each their own. Choice is what makes it interesting. Not only in discs, but all other aspects of the process.

There're a number of acceptable brands, each with their own ardent fans. What works for you and meets your requirements is what you whould use.

7. sadsac

sadsac Guest

I personally like the Verbatim digital movie disks...the ones that look like movie reels. They're normally a little more expensive, but I got them a few weeks ago for $7 for 25 packs.

8. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Those plus format verbatim digital movie quality discs are very good.Burned just over 100 of them,and only a couple of costers because of my half fried retarded mobo. My burner definitely doesn't like those same ones in the dash format.

Japanese media, Some of the best: Taiyo yuden,fuji,sony,maxell, and tdk. Just look at those labels is you purchase them at a local store.

9. sadsac

sadsac Guest

Yeah. I read somewhere else that the (-) ones weren't that good. I absolutely love the (+) ones. They're MCC coded. Absolutely perfect media in my opinion.

10. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Not one lick of trouble with mcc-002. Get a chance,try the verb +8x data life plus coded as mcc-003. Very sweet.
    Metal AZO dye.

11. BTFSB

BTFSB Member

Try Sony disks!

12. philipman

philipman Regular member

use memorex discs they are the best.

13. sadsac

sadsac Guest

Yeah. The Sony's are great too. I really like them. I had some 4x which somehow burned at 6x. They burned at a higher speed than their manufacturer's rating and I never had a bad disk.

14. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

The verbatim -r digital movie discs worked great in my pioneer 108.
    Im currently using the taiyo yudens.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2005
  15. bbthumper

bbthumper Guest

.......I second the verbatim -r digital movie discs worked great. Just bought a ton of the verbatim x16 which are working great too. Each standalone DVD player likes different media. Just try buying 25packs until you find the one that works for you......