1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please respond Lanning two xbox 360's together

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Speedynin, May 4, 2007.

1. Speedynin

Speedynin Guest

hey guys my friends and I have been trying to figure out how to lan to 360's together. We tried the obvious way of putting your regulation ethernet cable into the back of both of the 360's but it didn't work. The game that we were trying to do a system link with was gears of war and when one of us hosts a match the other can't get onto it ... please respond I'm desperate!!!

2. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

you need to use a crossover cable if you going from 360 straight to another 360. if you have a router than use a standard eithernet cable. if you dont have a crossover cable you can modify the standard eithernet cable, just google it up and it will tell what wires to to cut and cross over.

3. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

here you go.
    Standard End Crossover End

Pin 1 White/Orange Pin 1 White/Green

Pin 2 Orange Pin 2 Green

Pin 3 White/Green Pin 3 White/Orange

Pin 4 Blue Pin 4 Blue

Pin 5 White/Blue Pin 5 White/Blue

Pin 6 Green Pin 6 Orange

Pin 7 White/Brown Pin 7 White/Brown

Pin 8 Brown Pin 8 Brown

4. Speedynin

Speedynin Guest

well I got the standard ethernet cable that you get with the 360 when you first buy it is that considered the crossover cable

5. Speedynin

Speedynin Guest

I mean that the cable's pins are all correct but it still says that there are no matches available when I tell my friend on his other xbox 360 to join the match that I'm hosting....

6. duzmi

duzmi Member

You don't need a crossover cable for the 360.

This is from Xbox.com;
    "Unlike the original Xbox video game system, Xbox 360 does not require a special crossover Ethernet cable."

"To connect your console to another console:

1. Make sure both Xbox 360 consoles are off.
    2. Connect the ends of a single Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port on the back of each Xbox 360 console.

Note

To connect more than two consoles, you must use one Ethernet cable per console and one of the following: an Ethernet hub, a switch, or a router with one available port for each console.
    3. Make sure each Xbox 360 console is connected to a separate TV or monitor.
    4. To start playing, follow the game instructions for multiplayer gameplay."

7. Speedynin

Speedynin Guest

ok we turned off both 360's then connected the Ethernet cable to the back of both systems. one person went to host a match and when the match was setup the other person went to join a match and then it said that no matches were found

8. thebeetle

thebeetle Member

Have you configured your network settings on both of the machines? If you dont then they will never be able to talk to each other.

Go to the network settings and turn off DHCP and configure it manually to be....

XBOX360 A
    IP Address: 10.0.0.1
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway: 10.0.0.1

XBOX360 B
    IP Address: 10.0.0.2
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway: 10.0.0.1

9. Speedynin

Speedynin Guest

I just tried that and it still isn't saying that there is a match...umm...I'm really not sure what to do anymore

10. thebeetle

thebeetle Member

Are you sure your using a "crossover Ethernet cable"?

11. Speedynin

Speedynin Guest

yeah its the gray cable that came with the 360 is that the right kind

12. thebeetle

thebeetle Member

Hi, No that will be a normal cable. If you want to use that you will need to plug both 360's into a switch or router.

13. jelle2503

jelle2503 Regular member

did you even bother reading the thread? -_-

this guy he wrote up there
    you just plug in any RJ45 connector cable and you should be good to go. it should be easy like that.

14. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

I have the same problems with gears of war. I can play over a LAN with halo2 always. But mechassault 2 and gears of war i cannot get any matches to show up. Ive come across quite a few posts about gears of war not working in system link. Dont know what you can do to get this working.

15. Speedynin

Speedynin Guest

I figured the problem out. Make sure that both the Xbox 360's have the updates from Xbox Live. If they don't, the matches won't show up.