1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Share Your Experience with SM3.0/Breaker Pro/PS2 Reality Player

Discussion in 'PS2' started by egretps2, Feb 1, 2004.

1. egretps2

egretps2 Member

Hi, Everybody, would you please share your experience on using these software together?

I have a V7 USA PS2, installed with fliptop.

I got Swap Magic 2.0, 3.0 CD and Breaker Pro 1.1, and try to get the Reality Player to work with my avi movies which is larger than 632M.

I am wondering anybody has done this successful? Be able to look avi movie (632M+)by Reality Player?

I can boot the PS2 and load Reality Player with SM 2.0CD. and the movie disk only can read up to 632M, anything beyond that won't work.

When I bought the Swap Magic 3.0, on it features, it is supposed to be able to use a "TOC refresh mechanism" to be able to read 632M+ file on a CD-R.

I tried to boot with SM 3.0 CD first, then load Breaker Pro, it doesn't work.

How to get this "TOC refresh mechanism" work? what procedure should I fellow?

Please share your experienece. Thanks!

2. hunter929

hunter929 Member

I have swap magic 3 also. I think you need to load the swap magic cd, wait for the load screen, eject cd, load swap magic dvd, toc screen comes up, fliptop, load backup. Let me know if it works.

3. egretps2

egretps2 Member

Thanks hunter929 for the info, and finally I got this work:

PS2 V7, fliptop, Swap Magic 3.0CD, Breaker Pro, Reality Player:

1. Use Swap Magic 3.0 CD boot. Wait for the message "load the game" ;

2. "Eject" the SM 3.0 CD, you will see "please insert larger TOC disk" message;

3. Put Breaker Pro 1.1 in, you will see "Refresh TOC", this step will take about 1 min, or you might need try it from step 1 again;

4. After the message "load the game" appear again, insert Reality Player CD, load the player and it will be able to play large avi file on CD. Cheers!

* I tried use Swap Magic 2.0 DVD to refresh the TOC, it could refresh the TOC and very fast, but when I put my reality player CD in, it won't read.

** I have seen people talking about the TOC disk in other post, it suppose that you can refresh the TOC with any PS disk with large TOC. BUt I didn't try it myself.

Thanks hunter929 again for help. I realy like the idea about using PS2 as a avi player, and it saved me $100 from buying a avi player!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2004