1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please some one help me with xbox tray please just read my problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by zachaqsw, Mar 24, 2007.

1. zachaqsw

zachaqsw Regular member

okay this kid on xbl was telling me how to stop my disc with a butter nife and i stoped it then without thinking i hit eject and it didnt open so i pryed the tray out a little with butter nife and then i messd with and got it out then i had to put the little black rubber band thing back on now its not reading discs and it opens and cloces by itself sortof.. so now on my modded dash it says open all the time and wont read games its just the tray thats messd up did i scratch the eye or what

2. steimy

steimy Active member

well, i will restrain from laughing. You actually followed some guys instructions to stick a butter knife in your Xbox??? And why would you need to stop the disc anyway?

I am sure prying it open has really messed up your drawer. You may want to look online at some torrent sites for an Xbox repair guide.
    Lots of drawers have pegs and such that lock and unlock the draw (allowing you to open it manually). Not sure if Xbox does or not. But if those are in the wrong position it can cause all sorts or problems. Also they are on a track, if they get off track it causes problems as well.

In conclusion, it is not a smart idea to stick a butter knife in your DVD drawer. Worst case would be that you would have to replace the drive which is a pretty easy job really.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  3. zachaqsw

zachaqsw Regular member

thanks man tray opens and closes pretty good but im going to look around the internet for guide

4. zachaqsw

zachaqsw Regular member

do you now of any free ones that i can look at on internet please help

5. zachaqsw

zachaqsw Regular member

okay i can get it to were it opens closes good but the disc isnt spining heres some picture[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  6. zachaqsw

zachaqsw Regular member

what do i need to aline

7. zachaqsw

zachaqsw Regular member

somone please help

8. steimy

steimy Active member

Last edited: Mar 27, 2007
  9. zachaqsw

zachaqsw Regular member

i figured it out i just kept pressing eject and turning xbox off and on and the tray like poped up so the disc can spin now.. ididnt now it wasnt poping up high enough to spin disc tell to day...im glad i took xbox apart because now i can hot swap