1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please somebody help me quick ;;(

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by UltraManX, Mar 8, 2007.

1. UltraManX

UltraManX Member

im stuck in modeB right now on my hitachi, and i got into it through the SLAX cd and a usb to sata adapter, now that i booted windows the drive is not being recognised. this is a v46 hitachi, what should I do?? any help is very very appreciated

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

click start, right click my computer then click properties, then click hardware then device manager, right click on the words dvd/cd rom drives and click scan for hardware changes or something like that, it should detect it if its in modeb

3. UltraManX

UltraManX Member

it didnt :( I have already tried before. it is definitely in modeB too, it takes two presses for it to eject and it rejects the tray once its in

4. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

restart everything and try again, happened to me before, i just rebooted everything and it worked fine

5. UltraManX

UltraManX Member

cool, I'll try. I really appreciate your help m8

6. UltraManX

UltraManX Member

doesnt seem to be working. maybe if i use the internal sata ports it will but they are both occupied by hard drives. they are set up as a RAID 0 volume if that makes any sense, and I dont know how to make it so i only need one to boot windows

7. BryanNH_3

BryanNH_3 Regular member

if you're using raid, DO NOT attempt to use one drive temporarily ... it will screw up your raid, rendering windows useless, potentially erasing all your files - then you'll be calling someone like me to fix it at $100/hr.

SOrry, but I don't hack my xbox to use pirated games, so I can't help you there, but like I said - DO NOT mess with your raid, you'll most likely lose everything on your computer.

8. UltraManX

UltraManX Member

ok, well, thats unfortunate but it's no reason for you to be accusing me of pirating games. you dont know me. But thanks for the advice, Ill keep it in mind.

9. BryanNH_3

BryanNH_3 Regular member

Hey monkey nuts, I just saved you HOURS of headaches by advising you to NOT use your raid ... look at what I wrote and you'll see that I never said that YOU are pirating games - I said that I don't use my 360 for pirated games.

you should be thanking me for saving your computer, files, data, etc ... so that you can respond to messages on afterdawn.

10. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

It's also best to use a SIL3112 chipset for Hitachi drives.