1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please take a look at this !

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by tmontana1, Feb 3, 2005.

1. tmontana1

tmontana1 Member

hello, i just bought a spider v1.1 modchip. i installed the chip, got a copy of flash xp, bought a crossover cable.when i try to connect pc to xbox im getting an error message saying " connect method failed,no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it"the xbox is refusing connection i think. is this because i havnt flashed the chip. can someone tell me what is the best bios to flash to my spider chip with,where to find it,and how to do it?i had a evolution x .RAR file and i burned this to a dvd and put the disk into the xbox but the xbox isnt recognising it.is this the correct procedure or can somebody tell me what im doing wrong. sorry about all the question but i have read loads and my head is just spinning now, im nearly ready to give up.

thanks in advance

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

slow down man...what version xbox do you have? will your xbox boot to the black FlashBios screen(i think spider chips have a black flashbios screen)?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2005
  3. tmontana1

tmontana1 Member

thanks for the reply, i have xbox version 1.2 when i turn on the xbox it just boots as normal, i dont get any spider boot screen. the blue light on the spider chip is on so im assuming that i have it installed properly. i have evox m8 plus .RAR file saved on my PC, can you tell me where to get a suitable evox dashboard so i can save that too and have it ready for when i need it.

any idea where i go from here?

4. mdsup

mdsup Guest

so you flashed the chip? when you boot the box is there a upside down pink triagle with the word evox in it, in the top left corner? i would recommend a different bios....the m8 bios is for 1.6 xbox's

i need to know if the chip has been flashed with a hacked bios

5. tmontana1

tmontana1 Member

no chip hasnt been flashed, i dont know how to flash it, what bios would you recommend and where can i download this

6. mdsup

mdsup Guest

well if the chip has not been flashed with a hacked bios, the xbox should load to the Flashbios screen...sounds like the chip is not installed correctly or you have the chip turned off...you need to install the chip and get the xbox to boot the the Flashbios screen...i can't help you until you get the xbox to boot this way.

7. tmontana1

tmontana1 Member

im sure its installed properly because i only needed to use one of the 8 wires for my version of the xbox

8. mdsup

mdsup Guest

do you have msn messenger?

9. tmontana1

tmontana1 Member

no i dont...ive just been looking at spiderchip.com and it says that i should have a animated menu, i dont have that, so like you said i must have installed it wrong but i dont see how because it was only one wire.

any ideas, its v1.1 spiderchip

10. mdsup

mdsup Guest

i no nothing about spiderchips...the only chips i like are the xecuter's and xenium's...personally i don't think you have the chip installed right...if you did the first time you boot the box with the chip enabled it should boot straight to the FlashBios screen...i would continue to check your install until your xbox boots to the FlashBios screen...all chips come preflashed with FlashBios, and if you can't get your xbox to boot to FlashBios it is almost certainly an install problem.

11. tmontana1

tmontana1 Member

will double check my install, thank you for all your help friend, check this thread later and ill give you an update

12. mdsup

mdsup Guest

make sure your external switch is set to enable...you may have the chip turned off

13. tmontana1

tmontana1 Member

im in work now, ill check when i go home. can you give me a link where i can download a suitable evox dashboard without registering just so i have it ready for when i install the chip properly

thanks

14. mdsup

mdsup Guest

where do you live? you should get msn messenger an i will hook you up with a few things...so yeah get msn messenger and then give me you screenname when you get home, i will add you to my list and we will try and get your xbox up and running

15. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Dude, the reason why you're xbox doesn't recognize the disc is because you burned a .RAR file on the disc!! You don't burn the RAR. You extract the files to a folder, and make an xISO of the folder.

If you do that, I bet it'll read ;)

16. mdsup

mdsup Guest

hey buddy he doesn't even get the Cromwall FlashBios screen....we don't need to worry about his disc right now...we need to get his chip in right and flash his chip...then we can start worrying about the disc he is using

17. Xalizko

Xalizko Member

Hello I applied some pressure to my spider chip by placing a piece of foam in between it and the drive. It turns on and i get the cromwell thing to come up. I also downloaded a few bios's but do not understand how to burn it and flash it on my xbox I have Nero

18. mdsup

mdsup Guest

depends on what version xbox you have...tell me what version box you have

19. Xalizko

Xalizko Member

I have version 6 or 6b.

20. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

You'll have to put the bios in it's own folder and make an xiso out of it. Then, use Nero, CLOSE THE STARTUP WIZARD, go to File>Open, and go to where your xiso is. if you don't see it, go to the dropdown and select "All Files" or "iso,bin, cue" Then burn onto a cd-rw or dvdr.