1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please TECHNICAL explain how PS2 recognizes a backup DVD

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by bolso, Mar 22, 2005.

1. bolso

bolso Guest

I've read a lot of threads about making DVD backups for PS2, but i've never found a "technical detailed" explanation of how the PS2 distinguishes a backup DVD from it's original. I thought that a "bit to bit" duplication should make identical DVDs, but it seems not to be so ...
    Is it something related to the DVD id ? I'd really appreciate if someone knows the low level details

2. clouser

clouser Guest

on the inside ring of the game disc there is an uncopyable ring of data this ring store the region info of the game it tells the ps2 what country its from.

3. bolso

bolso Guest

You're right !! I've seen a set of characters and a bar code. I think that if the PS2 doesn't sees this characters and bar code, it won't boot the disc. And mod chips, in some way, tells the PS2 microcode not to look at this bar codes, or something like that, i suppose ...

Thank's very much for your answer.

4. clouser

clouser Guest

the mod chip will tell the mirocode that the disc is from the same country that the consoles from.

and your welcome!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2005