1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please tell me everything you know about burn in on Plasmas

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by lilzesty, Feb 13, 2007.

1. lilzesty

lilzesty Member

I looked in the "LCD vs. Plasma" thread but I would like some more info. I've already got a 42" Philips Plasma and following some advice I recieved elsewhere I'm playing only full screen stuff at 50% brightness for the first couple weeks or so. How long does it actually take for something to burn in? My biggest concern would be those pesky network logos.

2. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Hello Lolzesty...welcome to afterdawn! Here is one thread on the subject and I'm sure there are more:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/237902

Just type Plasma burn in in the search box and it will probably give you a lot of them. I choose this one because a member named Diabolos is part of the discussion and the man knows his business.

3. lilzesty

lilzesty Member

thanks very much - i promise i used the search! but I just searched for "burn in". thanks again

4. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

oh, that's cool. Sometime people don't know how to name a thread and it doesn't come up but anyway, as I said, Diabolos knows his stuff and is a wealth of info when it comes to his subject; he amazes me! You can learn a lot from his posts.