1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pleaze anyone

Discussion in 'PS2' started by rIDIN69, Jan 7, 2007.

1. rIDIN69

rIDIN69 Guest

ok let me start off by telling you guys what i have. i have a regular ps2, network adapter, wireless G router,cable modem and the ethernet cables. i want to get online but i have a problem and the problem is i dont know what to do

2. trancema

trancema Member

Hey Man.

Im also a newbie.

The other guys are going to tell you to read.

Im sure this has been done before so you are at least in luck.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

well i have never done it with PS2. But they do have guides on
    hooking up the online system on the official Sony Playstation
    webpage.

It really should be pretty simple. You just plug the ethernet cord
    from the PS2 to an open port on your router, then set up the
    network settings on the PS2 .
    and yes you may need to do some reading and research because how you set it up depends on on PC and how it is set up.
    Like my PC is set up DHCP which means that it will automatically assign an IP address when i hook something up to my router.

Static IP means you have to manually assign it.
    But in either case i think doing it manually may be better as you know exactly what was entered.

So for your settings do this:
    1. go to start, all programs, accessories, ans chose command prompt from the drop down menu.
    2. type in (without the quotes) "ipconfig/all"
    this will show the settings for the PC that you need to write down and should also tell you if DHCP in enabled (if not it is of course set up as a static IP)

3. write down the IP, default gateway, subnet mask, DSN addresses
    and then go to the set up for PS2
    4. you want to enter all the same info except the IP has to be different for each device on the network. So if the PC has as address of 192.168.1.100 you can set the PS2 with 192.168.1.101
    as long as you have no other devices using this connection with the same address like a wireless laptop. You can set it anywhere in the range of the original like 192.168.1.110

also if your router has security set up on it, which all wireless networks should unless you want everyone in your neiborhood having access to it, then you must also go into your router settings and write down all that information as without entering that into the PS2 it will not connect.

as you can see, even though for those who have done it it is pretty easy, there are a lot of factors you need to sort out.
    Another way you can hook up is buy getting a wireless gaming adapter.
    It would get set up the same way but then you could have the PS2 in any room of the house and still be connected for online gaming.