1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pleeeease help with my 360 problem

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by tudarck, May 11, 2007.

1. tudarck

tudarck Member

what it is , i have a ms25 in a original 360 oct 2005, and i want to change the dvd drive to another sammy drive.

ive read all about spoofing ,but i have a couple of questions .

1. if going from my ms25 to a ms28 ,would i spoof it and then use the badflash and apply bloke patch cause its a ms28 or not because i want it to be seen as ms25??????

2. this might sound stupid , im gonna buy the sammy drive of ebay (hongkong) i think it is .
    now would that work straight in my 360, what im trying to say is region code is it the drive that has it or the mother board?

any help would be great and any from the big guns would even better.
    thanks alot.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

Quick question for you. Are you changing the drive because something is wrong with it? If the drive works i would leave it alone.

3. jelle2503

jelle2503 Regular member

region code is on the games... and in the console.

the console is NTCS, so it'll play NTSC games or region free games.

if you flash the MS28 with "spoofed MS25" firmware, yes you have to use the badflash method.. you need to use Xtreme Boot Maker.
    see 360hax.com for more guidance if you may find that helpful ^^

4. tudarck

tudarck Member

ok ,thanks for the quick replies.

my drive works fine, well it plays orinals fine and backups apart from a few dirty disk errors.

but i found that (this is gonna sound crazy) my sammy doesnt much like verbs, it plays them but it is really noisey. so i have some games burnt onto aone and they run beautiful no noise at all and no errors.

back to my point , my sammy drive makes a wheel spin noise when i put any disk in 80% of the time and when i eject or stop a game. i have read about the laser could be getting to close cause of lack of power to the eye or something like that..

anymore help would be great guys. oh ps. has anyone had a drive of ebay, and have any remarks thanks