1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pleeeeease help....I'm so close to getting this to work....

Discussion in 'PS2' started by TENPOINT, Nov 21, 2002.

1. TENPOINT

TENPOINT Member

I tried backing up Socom on my dvd-r. The actual burning process went flawless. I tried to play the game and I had problems. I have a ps2 with a no solder mod chip. I am using GameShark version 2.21. I followed the directions and swapped with Devil May Cry at the title screen and waited 30 seconds. I then started a game without codes and swapped with my backup. A few times the DMC disk was still spinning when it was ejected. And a few times it just made a crazy noise when I swapped with my backup. Nothing worked! Could it have something to do with the version of GameShark? Or could Socom have a larger TOC that DMC? Any help would be great! I have no problems playing backed up CD-R games! Please help!

2. killalot

killalot Active member

What brand Dvd-r are you using ? Does you no solder Mod-chip support Dvd-r ? check the spec for your Mod-chip and i think your find it doesn"t boot Dvd-r disk"s.....

3. TENPOINT

TENPOINT Member

Thanks for the response. I am using a TDK dvd-r, with the new nero. I just use disc copy (not using copy on the fly). The website for the chip claims that it boot DVD-R's. Any other suggetsions. I have recently copied GT3 and I get the same results

4. killalot

killalot Active member

What software are you using to backup your games ? Have you ever made a successfull backup of a game yet, and i mean a Dvd based game ? I use Stomp Recordnow Max to backup my cdr & Dvd playstation games, has any of your mates got a chiped playstation you could try your backups in.

5. TENPOINT

TENPOINT Member

I'm using the new nero software that allows me to copy a DVD. I don't extract images or anything like that. I just select copy DVD, put a blank in the writer, the original in the dvd-rom and let her go. You think the software may be the problem?

6. killalot

killalot Active member

I"ve never try"d nero mate even though i"ve got it so i can"t say, try and get a hold of the software i use and try that. What make is your Dvd burner ? if its a Pioneer like i"ve got the firmware needs to be updated to burn 2x media. It could be 101 things my good friend you have to start from bottom and work your way up, you do turn off all running tasks wile you are doing the burn dont you ? like anti virus software etc. what version of windows are you using.

7. TENPOINT

TENPOINT Member

I'M RUNNING XP PRO WITH A PIONEER DVD-R. I TURN ALL OPEN WINDOWS OFF BUT I DO LET VIRUS SCAN RUN IN THE BACKGROUND. DOES THIS AFFECT THE BURN PROCESS? I SEEMS LIKE EVERYTHING IS BURNING O.K. I THROW IT IN THE DVD ROM DRIVE AND CHECK IT AGAINST THE ORIGINAL AND IT SEEMS TO BE IDENTICAL. YOU MENTIONED THE FIRMWARE, I HAVEN'T LOOKED INTO THAT. IT IS A BRAND NEW DVD-R. I'M NOT SURE WHAT TYPE OF FIRMWARE IT IS USING. WHAT IS THE SOFTWARE YOU ARE USING? Oops sorry about the caps

8. killalot

killalot Active member

You should turn off all running tasks virus software should certainly be off 4get the bull about smartburn etc that only works by holding the burn wile waiting 4 more info to burn virus software etc running in the background can corrupt the info being burned you only need to update your firmware if you burn dvd-r disk"s that are 2x speed and you burn them at 2x.

9. TENPOINT

TENPOINT Member

I just got the stomp software. I'll try that tonite and git back to you. Thanks for your help killa.

10. Needakip

Needakip Regular member

Have you tried other dvd's in your ps2 ? , Did you do the cheat code swap trick with the dvd ( needed with gameshark ) , if so it may be your dvd media. Try a different make.

11. tcichosz

tcichosz Member

Sadly, a no-soldier just doesnt work w/ all games(dvd rips especially). I resently returned my no-solder, and sent in my ps2 to get it professionally installed w/ an apple mod chip. I recomment this. No-solder and the older mod chips are just to hard to handle.

12. nugz77

nugz77 Member

is it documented anywhere step by step instructions on how to backup your ps2 dvd and games, for instance the exact software and whether you can use gameshark and swap or do you have to have a mod chip to play the backup dvd's. someone please help

13. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

I have a PS2 with the messiah chip.
    No swap at all (costs Euro 200.)
    Copy DVD games on the fly with Nero 5.5.9.17.
    I copy them on DVD+r or DVD+rw.
    Takes about 10 to 15 minutes and play !

To play DVD backups I should say you buy the messiah chip (no swap-shit).

The messiah rules.

14. mrbignugs

mrbignugs Guest

hey wizkid ,
    what dvd+rw's do you use and what version is your ps2

15. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Oke I answered this one allready ...

16. CTC

CTC Member

you can say a lot of things about wizkid, but he's completely right, just spend your money in a wise way, get a messiah, burn and go!

17. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Thanks CTC for backing me up !

First you have to invest, than you harvest !

18. CTC

CTC Member

you're welcome, bought your stuff @ hcc?

19. Cybermad

Cybermad Guest

So Tenpoint did it work or not you never told us!.

20. iverson

iverson Guest

i heard u gotta use cdrwin and fireburner and ps2 cd patcher to burna game is there a simple way to burn a game without all these steps i have a iomegazip cd rec and can anybody help please