1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plextor PX-755SA and proven media

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by DAfshar, Nov 18, 2007.

1. DAfshar

DAfshar Member

Hey Gang,

I don't like to plague you generous people with eroneous requests but I have a slight dilemma. Last year, I invested in a new desktop with top quality hardware all around. Got the Plextor PX-755SA at the beckoning of MANY online users who loved the drive but I can't seem to burn +RW or -RW media AT ALL. I'll get POWER CALIBRATION ERROR or ILLEGAL DISC.

I tried several software such as Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 (came with the drive). Hated that. Uninstalled it and have been using Nero 7 thus far.

Does anyone have this drive and, if so, what +RW or -RW media are you using?

2. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

make sure you have the most up to date firmware for the drive

the RW media has to be burnt at 4x max speed

Verbatim would be your best bet. Ritek makes RW to but I've never had much luck with it and my Plextors. bottom line the RW is a pain in the butt to get right especially after its been used a few times. your way better of using the DVD dash R or DVD plus R formats

http://www.supermediastore.com/dvdrwmedia.html

Pletxor works best with Taiyo Yuden media thats what Plextor uses to test there drives with. but they don't make a RW

3. DAfshar

DAfshar Member

Thanks for the reply. That was quick.

I have the most up-to-date firmware and Plextor actually recommended that I RMA the drive. But, from what I hear, the +RW -RW dilemma spans all drives. Thanks for the advice. Taiyo has never failed me but I just wanted a "temporary DVD" solution and I thought that Plextor's drives were dependable burners even with the RW phenomenon.

4. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Plextor was dependable when they were making their own drives, with the exception of the 716A.