1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pls don't flame me

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by danewguy, Nov 30, 2004.

1. danewguy

danewguy Member

I haven't done any ps2 modding before, although i have done some xbox modding (stinkjones @ xbox-scene.com, and at suprnova forums). i wasn't sure where to ask, but is there a modchip for the new slim line ps2? i wanna get one for christmas even though i already have one, because i have one of the early ps2s, which will no longer read new games. it reads old blue discs, and normal games fine, but it won't read anything newer than GTA: Vice City. So it's garbage. all help appreciated
    thx

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

both the matrix infinity and dms4 mod chips fit the new ps two

3. danewguy

danewguy Member

thx man, but i decided not to mod it. i looked around, and decided it wasn't worth it. with the xbox, you get to replace the hard drive easily, and store all your games there, and you can put on linux, etc., but with the ps2, only dvd/cd backups really. that would be nice but it seems to hard. you have to solder tiny points and stuff.
    thx though

4. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

just pick up SwapMagic v3.3 then instead of a chip.