1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pls help, it's estimating 24 hrs to burn a DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by johnswan, Dec 8, 2004.

1. johnswan

johnswan Member

Hi, I am trying to burn a DVD to DVD-R at 8x speed to an 8x DVD-R and the time is showing over a day to complete. I waited 15 mins and was at 3% and cancelled and tried again and same thing. Got a new dell computer so this is my first time to try and the drive should burn 8x no problem. Have used sonic burner and nero and same result with both. Anybody help please?

2. bklyn1028

bklyn1028 Regular member

are you using shrink?.....decryptor?...how did u put the dvd on your pc?...you've got to give a little more info

3. johnswan

johnswan Member

i have the dvd (copy of boxing fights, not an original or copy protected disc) in my read drive and a blank 8x in my rw drive. don't know anything about shrink or decryptor. device transfer mode on 0 and 1 set to dma if available and current transfer mode is ultra dma mode 2

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Here's a few things to try. Shut down any program that auto starts on boot up like anti virus programs. Do not multitask or surf the web while burning. Also try using only the burner drive as both the reader and burner. Let your burning software copy to the hard drive first and then insert the blank when it tells you too. Trying to use both drives at the same time may be causing a conflict. Hope this helps some.

Jerry

6. johnswan

johnswan Member

I have all virus protectors etc. switched off but it's not making a difference. Will allow this to run until finish (18% complete after 1hr 25mins, not quite 24 hrs but still not acceptable). PC is a 3.2 P4 processor with 2024mb ram, only a week old. Surely I won't need to put onto HD every time will I.

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Have you tried putting it on the HD First yet?

8. johnswan

johnswan Member

Tried from HD and was at 1% for just over a minute then got a failed to burn message, another waste of a disc. Please somebody help.

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Do you know the name of your Drive? What is the model number of your DELL Piece of Sh---opps I mean PC LOL