1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pls help, it's estimating 24 hrs to burn a DVD

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by johnswan, Dec 8, 2004.

1. johnswan

johnswan Member

Hey guys, I'm not new to messing about with computers in general but got a new PC recently with a DVD burner and have been trying to burn a DVD at 8x onto an 8x DVD-R disc. Everything starts fine but it takes fifteen minutes to hit 3% complete which is ridiculous. Have tried burning with both Nero and Sonic and have ran tests on Nero which show no noticeable problem. Burn is disc to disc. Any help would be fantastic as this is extremely frustrating.

2. Soulreave

Soulreave Member

make sure u enable dma on ur ide
    go 2 device manager

3. johnswan

johnswan Member

thanks, i'm in device manager but how do i enable dma? thanks a million for your help

4. johnswan

johnswan Member

also am using xp and have 3.2 p4 processor and 2024mb ram. should this not have improved performance enough?

5. johnswan

johnswan Member

primary ide channel properties in device manager show device 0 dma if available, current transfer mode ultra dma mode 2, device 1 dma if available, current transfer mode ultra dma mode 2.

6. johnswan

johnswan Member

Can anybody help me please? I seem to be the only person in the world with this problem as I cannot find the same problem anywhere in Google. This machine is a week old and has never burned before. I even turned off all anti-virus software and tried again but turned it off at 18% completed after 1 hr 25 mins. The read drive has read speed of 48x while the write drive has write speed of 8x. Please somebody help.

7. squizzle

squizzle Active member

try different software maybe?