1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pls help to choose a backup method

Discussion in 'PS2' started by choas, Oct 9, 2003.

1. choas

choas Member

Hi,

I have a original PS2 without any modchip or Action Replay system. I also have a DVD reader and a DVD/CD Writer. And I'd like to backup my PS2 game without have to buy any additional matrial. I am a bit lost in the huge tutorial post. Someone can tell me which method I have to use exactly please ?

Thank you very much.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

without buying anything....not possible. You need some kind of boot disc. I recommend swapmagic, but action replay and gameshark work. Then you need a way to load the game, either by fliptop, or slidecard (not recommended, but you can make one).

3. genjeiro

genjeiro Member

i wanted to ask the same dang thing choas did.so where do you get a swapmagic disk an what the heck is a fliptop or slide card.sorry im clueless.just got a hotrod computer an realy want to back up my games.

4. Insaniac

Insaniac Member

You can get a swap magic disk from www.modchip-sbox.com ... they are very cheap there. A fliptop is simply a PS2 with a lid cut into it. And a slide card is a device used to slide a pin in the CD drive so you can swap the disks without the PS2 knowing it.

If you felt comfortable enough with your soldering skills you can get a no-swap modchip like the Magic 3.1 or the DMS3 (both avaliableat the same website).

Just keep in mind some of your solder points can be as small as the pointy end of a pin. Check out the installtion diagrams for the no swap chips and see if your confident enough to solder one into your PS2.