1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pls Help with my Pc that doesn't start

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by k0k0m0, Jan 21, 2008.

1. k0k0m0

k0k0m0 Regular member

Hi guys...

All of a sudden my PC didn;t want to start this morning. Last night I turned it off ok, and this morning nothing! That is, I've got two lights at the front: one indicates that I've got power and remains lit as long as I use the PC, and the other one blinks when there is HD activity. Well, first light (green) is on but second light not.

There is no cooler fan activity, nor I can access setup. It;s as if CPU didn't start up.

I've changed power source from a 450W to 550W 15 days ago and used the puter perfectly well. Temperatures are 36C for MoBo, 49C for Graphic card and 58C for CPU (thnx speedfan).

Any suggestion what to do?

thanks!

2. twinkel

twinkel Regular member

Can you replace the cpu fan, check if everything is connected properly in the case. your pc will not start up if the fan is bust.

3. k0k0m0

k0k0m0 Regular member

Replaced CPU fan last week for a bigger one. I'm sure it's well placed because I've used the PC after the swap...

4. Zenon003

Zenon003 Guest

How old is the motherboard? Have you checked to see if the green light on the board itself is on. Even if it is, Check the compasitors to see if they are swollen or leaking, or if they look a rusty colour. It could be that your motherboard could be gone.

5. k0k0m0

k0k0m0 Regular member

MoBo is an ASRock P465iG, bought it in October 2006.

Green light is on, but red light (which indicates Hard drive activity) is off. Checked MoBo and looks the same as always... nothing strange

6. Zenon003

Zenon003 Guest

Have you tried disconnecting and than reconnecting the processor and hard drive cable, change the data cable to the hard drive and see if it helps.
    If there are different components on your board not working than it has to be a problem with the board somewhere. It could be that the board has had a power surge and some damage may have occured, or the board has a channel or chip that may have gone. Also try disconnecting the led cable, for the hard drive, and than replace it. It is strange the processor and hard drive is effected.

7. BadBone

BadBone Guest

If you have more than 1 memory installed, try removing them one at a time and try to boot up with only one to determine if one of em is bad.

Or better yet try to borrow some memory that u sure are working and try em.

Also, does your monitor come on or just stays blank

8. phill2000

phill2000 Guest

If your motherboard produces POST alerts via the speaker, it may be worthwhile unplugging everything in turn from the motherboard, excluding the CPU & HSF, and turning it on. Then compare the POST beep sequence to your motherboard manual to see what the issue is.

If it does support this function then you shouldnt have a problem, for example if it does support POST speaker beeps, and you get no alert whatsoever, even when you power on without the CPU, then you can pretty safely say its either PSU or M/B. If you still have your old PSU, I suggest popping that in and teseting it.

If you do get a beep when you boot up, then compare the sequence to your motherboard and find out what the fault code is.