1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

plugging into a bar's sound system?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by aprilBC, Jan 23, 2007.

1. aprilBC

aprilBC Member

Pardon my novice question, I'm an editor not a shooter -- a band would like me to shoot them at a club and would like me to hook into the sound system so that the audio is fairly good quality (at least better than using just the on-camera mic). Can anyone suggest how do I do this and what accessories I would need?

All I have is a GL2 and a beachtek, absolutely no audio equipment to speak of. I can get another camera to dedicate to audio if necessary.

Any advice or tips on articles I can check out online?

Much thanks!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  2. undine

undine Regular member

I would start by finding out what type's of outputs the bar eq. has.Good luck.

3. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Are the band bringing their own sound rig? Even if not they should be able to provide you with a couple of decent mics and a small mixer of some kind that will give you line level signals for your camera.

I used to do this kind of thing for a living.. You need to check with the band and venue as somebody will know what to do, and what equipment is available.

4. aprilBC

aprilBC Member

Will do, thanks much! I'm not sure what the bar and band has, equipment -wise.....