1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

plx-?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by ste_t1, Jan 12, 2007.

1. ste_t1

ste_t1 Guest

hi, i just got a torrent download of singstar anthems, when i opened the folder i have got 47 plx-singanth.001 to plx-singanth.047, any idea what prog i use to burn to dvd, i have tried alcohol 120% but had no look, dont know if im doing owt wrong if so what,

thanks ste

2. steimy

steimy Active member

you need to do a search.
    Those are the way pretty much any game download will look.
    They are rar files (compressed zip files)
    You need to get and install Winrar, then do a search here on Winrar and i am sure you will find 100's of posts that will tell you how to use it to extract the files and then burn them.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2007
  3. ste_t1

ste_t1 Guest

hi, thanks for the reply, right, i have just turned the file plx-singanth.001 to rar, extracted it back to a folder in the singstar folder, tried to burn it again with alcohol, but i go the same , so i looked in the folder and it's just back to the same as it was in the orig?, now what............

cheers ste

4. steimy

steimy Active member

i suppose you did not do a search?

Ok.
    1. Install Winrar
    2. make a filder on your PC called Singstar
    3. go to the folder where all those files are
    4. right click on the first file plx-singanth.001 and choose extract from the drop down menu that you get.
    5. it will then ask where to save it so browse to the folder you made and use that
    6. it will then extract all 47 files and create an ISO file
    7. after it is done look in the new folder you have made and extracted to, there should be only one file there. If it still has a Winrar icon (stack of colored books) it is because of you winrar settings. In winrar under the setting somewhere will be what files it associates itself with, like any media type program. If the box beside ISO file is checked then uncheck it.
    8. no when you go to your folder you should see an ISO file, use any program that can burn ISO files to burn it to a GOOD QUALITY DVD

5. ste_t1

ste_t1 Guest

thanks steimy. that got it working, i was 3/4 of the way there with it but your step by step instructions helped me a lot. cheers. i did do a search but i was looking for plx info. once again thanks

cheers ste