1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLZ Give Light To The Blind!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by xrokos, May 29, 2004.

1. xrokos

xrokos Member

Hello i'm new with dvd-r stuff.I bought yesterday a dvd-r and I AM CONFUSED!!!I know u have answered these questions millions of times.
    So i used Smart Ripper to rip my movies and Dr.Dvix(the easy way) to convert them to dvix.Now i have some movies ripped in my disc.For example they have names like this:Elephant_0.ifo , Elephant_1.vob ...
    Well i know that they have to be renamed to be burned but what's the proper structure and which files should be included?
    I'm telling this because i opened "dvd shrink" (i also have nero) and it can't of course load these files.So what's the answer?
    The guides didn't really helped me.They take a lot of things for granted but they are not.Any recommandations for better drives?
    Do i always have to rip the movies and then to burn them?
    Does dvd shrink rip?
    What's "on the fly"?
    Please can you give me a link of a very detailed guide that describes step by step how to burn a movie into a dvd?
    Thanx,
    xrokos

2. Frozilla

Frozilla Member

Look under guides for burning using shrink. I don't if by detailed u mean in sign language because its pretty step-by-step and easy to follow. Yes, you have to rip the movie every time. Open up with shrink, choose backup, and select the languages, subtitles, menus, u do or dont want. Let it chill while it rips the disc. Use a program such as nero to then burn the files. In nero u click on the audio file and add those vob. and ifo files to the folder and then burn it relatively simple. Spend some time looking this stuff up, nobody was born with this knowledge, but it helps if u put forth effort to acquire it. Then u can ask more deatiled questions and not take time away from other questions that actually tried to find the answer.

3. xrokos

xrokos Member

Thanx for your reply but i still don't know what to do with the files that i ripped with smart ripper and dvd shrink can't open them.The message that i receive is:"DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue.
    Failed to open D:/...(location)...VIDEO_TS.ifo
    System cannot find the file specified."
    I mentioned also this problem to my very first post in the 1st and 2nd paragraph:
    "So i used Smart Ripper to rip my movies and Dr.Dvix(the easy way) to convert them to dvix.Now i have some movies ripped in my disc.For example they have names like this:Elephant_0.ifo , Elephant_1.vob ...
    Well i know that they have to be renamed to be burned but what's the proper structure and which files should be included?
    I'm telling this because i opened "dvd shrink" (i also have nero) and it can't of course load these files.So what's the answer?"
    What should i do to rip the movies that i have on my disc?

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Do u have nero 6? If so,forget smart ripper and just use shrink and go to nero to burn. Forget those files and start over, reinsert the dvd source in your dvd-rom. Another option use dvd43(free) to rip and go to nero recode 2 to burn (it does the same job as shrink, only I think better). One thing I don't understand, nero uses vob files, have u tried nerovision express 2 with them? It is also in nero 6. [​IMG]

5. Frozilla

Frozilla Member

Yeah, forget about the smartripper files and start over using shrink and nero. It will be much easier and produce the desired results every time.

6. xrokos

xrokos Member

Thanks guys very much!
    Well now i use DVD Shrink and i don't have any problems burning my dvds(except the fact that 1 dvd was scratched and shrink couldn't even analize it).
    I have some movies ripped with Smart Ripper and then i bought a DVD-RW.These files cannot be loaded by Dvd Shrink because they are false named and the structure is inapropriate.So i'll convert these files to dvix(as i did before) and i will never use Smart Ripper.