1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

plz help before i buy

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by ProBaller, Dec 26, 2007.

1. ProBaller

ProBaller Regular member

i am thinking of getting a ps3 or 360 but i want to know what online play is like compared to xbox live, like does everyone have headsets or is it rare to find ppl with headsets cause i like to talk shit when i play games especially sports games lol, but i dont want to buy the ps3 if it has shitty online play. and which one has the best quality games out.

2. stephen02

stephen02 Guest

hi there, em online game play is good, both consoles are kind of equal there, and plenty of people have mic's so feel free to talk trash all night long. And for game, most of the 360 games are out on the ps3, but both have there big name shooters, the 360 has hao and gears, but the ps3 will soon have haze and has resistance right now. The only thing i find with the ps3 is that inviting your friends to a match is impossible in most games, its a random match, but with the 360 YOU CAN. Personally i use my ps3 more, i love it to bits, and now that it plays divx i love it more, download a film, straigt to the ps3 hard drive and sit and watch, great console, both have an up side and a down side, right now the xbox is better for game selection, but more ps3 games are released every day. Hop this helps u and sorry bowt my rant there .

3. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Online on the PS3 is FREE and more people have a mic then those that don't, I find.. There's virtually ZERO lag too.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2007
  4. Emjei2k

Emjei2k Regular member

Dude, if your interested in online gameplay more, get the 360. I like my PS3, but definitely spend alot more time online on 360, as so do any of my friends who also have both 360 and PS3.

5. Pepp77

Pepp77 Regular member

Stephen02 - Ive found it easy to play my friends on the PS3 - the games we share always have the option in them (Motorsport being the prime example).

AS for which is better, well the PS3 is free online - so thats a plus for that. I own both and find the 360 is probably slightly ahead in gaming terms online so thats a plus for that, however the difference isnt great so my advise get the one with the games you like most and the one most of your friends have.

6. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

Okay i have both so my opinion is not bias.

The PS3 will soon have in-game XMB, thats the only thing i feel PS Network is missing. I really like it on 360 when you can invite and send messages while your in a game. Ps3 does not have that yet.
    Paying for online play for 360 will be a rip off when ps3 gets in-game xmb, unless you care about achievements.
    PS3 will also have Home coming out similar to xbox live achievment system.
    Haze which will be out hopefully next month is supposed to be crazy online so im looking forward to it. The only game i play on xbl is COD4 im not a fan of Halo 3. So its your choice, and alot of people have MICS on PS3.
    PSN: Hardly any lag apart from the odd person with really crap connection.
    Free and just as good as XBL.
    Xbl: Has in-game Xmb which is great, and similary to the PS3 hardly any lag.

7. ProBaller

ProBaller Regular member

thanks for the help guys, i am going to go with ps3 mainly because of free online play... i am not a big fan of halo either but these new shooters coming to ps3 sounds promising.

8. supertape

supertape Guest

Also, there is a section in most games ....motorstorm.... that allow you to look for your online friends and find them in games. So if you start your own room they can link to you! YAY!

9. Emjei2k

Emjei2k Regular member

Xbox 360 will definitely keep you satisfied. So much more content, so much more features. You get what you pay for, and the $50 a year is well worth it I say. Before buying either console, why not try them both out 1st. Im sure youll find more to do on Live then PSN.

10. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

Wise choice dude, hey when you get it let me know ill give you a game on NBA, its a great game, assuming by your sig, you'll get it.

11. ProBaller

ProBaller Regular member

ya man ill hit u up, but another reason is that metal gear and devil may cry and kingdom hearts is coming out on ps3

12. joonbugg

joonbugg Member

If you want to play lots of games, get a 360. Also it can be modded to play backups if thats your thing. The PS3 is a great system too, but I only use mine to download free stuff from the PS Store, and to play Blu-Ray movies. I dont have any games for it, except a couple PS1 classics I downloaded. Xbox live on the 360 was fun while it lasted, until I got banned. I only played UNO and Spades on Live though, so I dont miss it much. Way too many quitters online for me, whether its Xbox live, PC, or Playstation Network.

13. ens88

ens88 Member

I got a PS3 not that long ago and I am VERY happy with the decision I made, hope you went for the PS3 too

14. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

For me i find it annoying that if you want to message your freind you have to go back to the XMB, hope in the future you'll be able to send messages in the PS button menu.

15. Pepp77

Pepp77 Regular member

Sony have said at numerous press interviews that they are planning it for this year.

16. Mr_Pink

Mr_Pink Regular member

Exactly. I think they said Spring 2008 this will be available. I don't know why some fans thought this would never happen.

17. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

Good to hear that that coming, dont understand why they left it out at launch though. also a clock in the PS button menu would be helpful :p heard of that coming? :D

18. Pepp77

Pepp77 Regular member

My understanding is they left it out at launch because they want a full XMB available in game, rather than the very cut down version you get on the 360.

As for a clock - are you serious, surely everyone has a clock/watch they can see from where their PS3 is?