1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plz help m8s

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by girl90, Jul 3, 2007.

1. girl90

girl90 Member

i have a very imporatant question, but i am sure somebody have already asked you the same thing.

Question:

I have psp version or update 2.80, have games .cso file (Transformers,Great battles of Rome, ...)Thats all i know!!

I have read evrything how to make downloaded psp games to work, but i still dont understand much of it.

And the psp is from my younger brother, so i dont want to messed it up. When i was reading your instrucions i saw you have to instal soo many programs on psp and i am a little affraid that i will destroy brothers psp. I am quiet a noob at psp things, so if you will answer this question plz talk noobish, so i will get it. =)

Is there maybe a shortcut at putting downloaded psp games on psp from pc? If it isnt, np. Just plz try to answer my noobish question, because i realy wanna play.

I thank you even if you wont answer the question, you have heared soo many times before.

2. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

you first need to get on custom firmware. to do this, you'll need to downgrade the psp to a 1.5 (there are lots of downgraders that are all in ones, and damn near do everything for you...sorry i don't have links handy)

then you upgrade to a custom firmware 3.40OE-A would be your best choice, again there are easy installers for this as well.

then you'll be able to play those downloaded games..

someone will probably pop in here with links so just be patient, and it'll all get straightened out, and don't worry it's all really easy when you get down to it, and nothing to worry about in respects of breaking the psp if u follow directions.

3. BiGbOsS0

BiGbOsS0 Guest

i got the 3.5 software on my psp so it runs a lot better than most, so just keep looking for upgrades and that kind of stuff, because i play metal gear portable ops, so i have to upgrade all the time...

4. girl90

girl90 Member

ok, thx.

How do u downgrade? Well when u get a downgrader, you must do what?

Instal, copy to psp, or?

5. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

thanks for adding that BiGbOsS0-

@girl90- **Edited Out** mixed up with a different thread** downgrade your firmware to version 1.5-after that you can install a custom firmware so you can easily play your cso's-all of the files needed can be found on psp-hacks

Last edited: Jul 3, 2007
  6. john24135

john24135 Guest

You do not have to upgrade to 3.50. Unless you already have the lumines game don't waste your money. Simply downgrade to 1.50, then install custom firmware. Ill edit this post with some links.

Let me just see if theres a 2.80 downgrader.

Try this link: See below post.

If you need help understanding any of that, im sure myself, or one of the other members will be able to help you.

Thanks, John.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2007
  7. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

-Sorry for the misunderstanding. I was just posting the same thing on a different thread-didnt mean to confuse..You want the 2.80 downgrader as mentioned by the previous poster/

This one for non-TA-082 mobo

This one if you have a TA-082 mobo

Last edited: Jul 3, 2007
  8. john24135

john24135 Guest

Deez, you can help him through this one, just make sure he doesnt have a ta-082 motherboard on his psp, or that downgrader will result in a brick.

Thanks, John

9. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

yeah, we need to find that out first I guess...whether or not its a TA-082 mobo...

10. girl90

girl90 Member

How do i know which downgrader must i download: non-TA-082 mobo or a TA-082 mobo or it doesnt matter.

And yes i have some orignal games that i bought in the store, so that means i will have to upgrade to 3.50.

Thx for helping guys

11. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

first you have to find out whether or not yours is a TA-082 mobo-
    when you open the UMD door-you can see little gold writing on the top right...if it is "IC1003" that means you have a TA-082...if anything else or if there is no code there, that means you have a non-TA-082 and you can use the downgrader for non TA-082..

12. girl90

girl90 Member

ok, i did everything u said

first i looked if i have non-TA-082 mobo or a TA-082 mobo and, because i havent found any golden writing i donwloaded non-TA-082 mobo and used it. Than i downloaded custom firmware 3.40OE-A and intalled it on PSP.

Now i copied the game from pc on PSP, into folder GAMES. But when i turn on the PSP in memory stick says corrupted data.
    In the folder games there are 3 more folders. One is that custom firmware 3.40OE-A, other two are something with % and something without %.

What must i do now?

13. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

you already installed 3.40 OE in your psp ,you can format your memory stick

after you format a ISO folder should be created in your memory stick

then you put the psp isos in the ISO folder , then in the xmb menu (psp menu) you go to game -┬╗memory stick and run the isos from there

14. girl90

girl90 Member

lol- How do u format a memory stick? and i have .cso files, but it will work the same right?

15. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

go into the system settings in the PSP menu, and scroll down to "format memory stick"
    cso's are just iso's that have been compressed to save space-yes, they will work as well, however you may find they lag a bit from being compressed.

16. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  17. girl90

girl90 Member

No ISO folder was made after i formated my card. Should i create it myself?
    WHere?
    In which folder?

18. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

don't put the ISO folder inside of any folder, create the ISO folder (with capitals) in the root of the memory stick

the root of the memory stick is the first window that you see when you connect via usb

19. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Thats odd...if you are running 3.40OE, it should have created the folders for you-There is no need to create folders! Try to restore default settings from the PSP menu under system settings-then format again.

20. girl90

girl90 Member

ok.....
    I did everything u said, but it doesnt work.

i will do everything from the beginig again.

first i must downgrade my psp to 1.50 with non-TA-082 mobo, because i didnt find any golden writing. Than i instal custom firmware 3.40OE-A.

At the end i have to format my memory stick.

Is everything right???? Can i do everything again?