1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

plz help me out with I/O error

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by BullsOP, Nov 16, 2004.

1. BullsOP

BullsOP Member

Ok my Fight Night game will not go past 23% when DVD Decrypter is reading it. it stops at 23% and give an error message saying that it couldnt read a certain sector. WEll i put it in my Game Doctor as it has fixed numerous Cd reading problems for me, but no luck. I read you should update "firmware", but how do i do that... i just use the CD/dvd rw drive that came with my comp. plz help and thx for any.

2. the_real_

the_real_ Member

whats the company who made it

if you know that i might be able to find you a firmware update

3. BullsOP

BullsOP Member

well i dont know about the drive but my comp is Emachines if that helps.

4. )v(3thuD

)v(3thuD Regular member

I just recently got a same I/O error with DVD decrypter, before i made backups fine, and now all of a sudden. I have a LiteOn SOHW-812s -/+ RW DVD burner. I duno why now it just did it as it never did before, if i have to update the firmware, i don't know anything, and i don't wanna break it, i don't have $ to buy a new burner. Note, this only happend as i was burning not reading, the read went fine, but when i tried to burn the I/O error came up.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2004
  5. BryanT

BryanT Member

i am having the same problem with ncaa 2005 football, my dvd burner is an HP dvd writer 300n 1.25. mine gets stuck at 45% any help?

6. BullsOP

BullsOP Member

i got it to work i used my Game Doctor again. and it read it and wrote fine. never had a problem writing. thx for the help.