1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

plz help me some one

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by azm, Aug 4, 2007.

1. azm

azm Member

my psp 3.40 oe-a

it was not playing iso games so some one told me to chnage the files from the flash folder but now i think my psp is bricked,,its not getting on even,,

is there any way to make it on,,plz help me if u know how to solve it

2. bu22ard

bu22ard Regular member

that 'someone' is not very helpful
    you should not touch flash files unless you know what you are doing...

try accessing the recovery menu (hard-reset and turn on while holding the R button).
    if you can get into recovery then use the recovery to flash back the FW
    use this winstaller to recover to 1.5 if you can access recovery:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/460892

Last edited: Aug 4, 2007
  3. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@azm

If you can get into recovery mode then enable the USB connection, run the 1.5 Recovery Winstaller, and then select the option to "Autorun program at..." whatever it says. You should be back to 1.5 in no time.

4. azm

azm Member

thnxs 2 all for helping me but my psp is not getting on nor i can go to recovery mode,,,

when ever i try to on or hold R to on the psp,,,only right side light gets on for 5 sec and thn turn off but screen is the same like off only,,,

so plz let me know if there is any other way to recover the data or just to on the psp atleast...plz help

5. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Well it sounds like you have a full brick on your hands on theres not much you can do. But to ensure this isn't the case, your sure you have tried entering Recovery Mode correctly? To get to recovery mode have the PSP completely off, hold the "R" trigger and turn the PSP on. Hold the "R" trigger until the recovery menu appears. If nothing appears you have a brick.

6. azm

azm Member

yes its exactly bricked wht you said,,,but now wht,,i dont have any way to fix the problem and on the psp atleast

7. bu22ard

bu22ard Regular member

few options:

1. sell it on ebay for parts
    2. send it back to sony and ask them to fix it (but be prepared to get back a 3.52FW) > than maybe go for option 1 or swap it with a friend who does not care what FW he/she has...
    3. get a modchip
    4. find a site/store that fixes bricks (using hardware)